The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 PM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool
Default Re: Next Fly Swap Ideas?

Like a episode of Sister Wives, Too much drama to get a Fly Swap going for me I will just sit back and watch this unfold, Can't wait to see what may get tied
I think I fish, in part, because itís an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. ĖJohn Gierach
Old 02-05-2014, 12:00 AM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie_robs View Post
A theme is certainly part of the fun! It would be fun to try something like the cooking show Chopped, but w/o the competition. Basically, list three or four materials and let people tie something up using the prescribed ingredients and whatever else...
Yeah a specific theme is good. We also need a dozen tyers or so and I don't count near that many in the conversation so far. Every swap there are fewer participants as the season progresses. Just don't make it so specific that only a few people want to play. I'm EZ and I'll tie anything I am capable of.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tail of the pool View Post
Like a episode of Sister Wives, Too much drama to get a Fly Swap going for me I will just sit back and watch this unfold, Can't wait to see what may get tied
Where's the not iike button so I can click it. Just trying to find something so the swap has more than 3 members in it.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:18 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am glad I don't know what Sisters Wives is.

Come on man, the thread is for "ideas for the next swap" so if you have an idea and like to play in the swaps go ahead, otherwise why be a wise guy?

Old 02-05-2014, 12:47 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey John. There are some suggestions out there , call it what you feel best and there will be plenty of people for the swap! Whatever you pick I'm in!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-05-2014, 07:26 AM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

Second post

More cheeky than a wise guy,,, Patience is not my strongest attribute no offense intended

Quote:
Muddler Muddler Muddler

If so I am in
dean_mt likes this.
I think I fish, in part, because itís an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. ĖJohn Gierach
Old 02-05-2014, 08:15 AM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

too bad theres not more steelhead people here

id love a swap before the spring runs...
Old 02-05-2014, 11:33 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

At risk of making this worse, I will try to keep this brief:

There were some promises made previously for upcoming swaps that I was unaware of when I volunteered to give Larry a break from hosting. I enjoy hosting swaps. I do not mean hurt anyone's feelings, break anyone else's promises, create a soap opera out of the simple pleasure that is trading some flies with a bunch of restless wintertime fishermen!

I would like to end this thread now. Please look for a new post soon with the announcement of the next swap.

Thank you!
ia_trouter likes this.
Closed Thread