The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Next Fly Swap Ideas?

We have one week to go to the completion of the Midge Fly Swap so I'm looking for input from the membership on what you would like to see for the next fly swap. Let me know what you would like to participate in. Thanks!

Larry
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 AM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool
Default Re: Next Fly Swap Ideas?

Muddler Muddler Muddler

If so I am in
I think I fish, in part, because itís an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. ĖJohn Gierach
Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Salmonfly Hatch is coming up soon, depending on where you live of course.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:56 PM

bmxrider11976 will become famous soon enoughbmxrider11976 will become famous soon enough

How about a worm swap? That sounds weird. But really. There are a bunch of different worm patterns. My new favorite being the squirmy wormy

Making the best of New Jersey, one fish at a time!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:41 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I'd be interested in a muddler or just an open ended "deer hair streamer" fly swap... Would push me to finally learn this art of spinning hair... I keep pushing off the idea
Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
I'd be interested in a muddler or just an open ended "deer hair streamer" fly swap... Would push me to finally learn this art of spinning hair... I keep pushing off the idea
Like that idea. Sufficiently vague enough to allow us some freedom. I spun a little hair today. I might have to quit my job to finish up 12 of them in a month.
craigthor likes this.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM

ctshooter has a spectacular aura aboutctshooter has a spectacular aura about

Like to participate in a fly swap
craigthor likes this.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:49 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Dry flies anyone?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

WooHoo

My kind of Post

Come on all you hide tiers let's ramp this up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
I think I fish, in part, because itís an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. ĖJohn Gierach
Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Somewhere down the road a Scud swap would be fun.

Last fall I found out how effective they can be in tailwater, and grassy spring creeks. Did I have any with me.....no.

footnote: a thousand variations of scuds.
Closed Thread