The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree60Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 01:11 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A strange question to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I can think of a few times here on these pages where I was the one that jumped all over somebody's **** for something like this and it turned out that I was greatly mistaken.

So to answer the question.....Check with your local fly club.
I know that with our club some of the senior members pass away every year and their survivors don't know what to do with their gear.
Club officers are often aware of what's available and might be willing to help someone truly in need..

Saturday, I tried to give away a couple of rods to someone in our club who runs classes for kids....They didn't want 'em, they didn't need 'em. Already got plenty.
I'd love to be wrong!
mcnerney and Auntie Em like this.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:13 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
I'd love to be wrong!
Me too. It's a shame but his previous posts don't match up to what he is saying now but maybe he was previously posting out of wishful thinking and trying to be a part of the group. I don't know.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
deathwish

Well to be honest the rods I have had were sold to buy food and pay bills.I am sorry I asked question/like everything these days there is no charity and no one trust people.Dam shame.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Me too. It's a shame but his previous posts don't match up to what he is saying now but maybe he was previously posting out of wishful thinking and trying to be a part of the group. I don't know.
Maybe....if I am wrong, I sure hope nothing bad happened to his wife seeing as he is now a single father

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwish View Post
I was in local fly shop yesterday looking at sims waders and buy time you buy them and boots your around 500.00.Ikes work more then my wife!! LOL
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:22 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well to be honest the rods I have had were sold to buy food and pay bills.I am sorry I asked question/like everything these days there is no charity and no one trust people.Dam shame.
There is a lot of charity in this group but there have been some bad things happen before. People here don't really know you except by what you post. when you request doesn't match up with what we have learned about you it makes people suspicious.
mcnerney, Auntie Em, JoJer and 1 others like this.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:37 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
I'd love to be wrong!
Unfortunately it appears you aren't unless January was a very tough month. He was shopping for a fly tying kit on this forum last month.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:45 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Life can be tough sometimes! I don't know what the truth here really is and don't really care. The bottom line when times are tough and your raising children the important thing is that they get fed and have medical and a roof over their heads ! And as much as I love fly fishing that has to take a back seat to the welfare of family! Priorities !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-04-2014, 03:08 PM

toxicfly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Life can be tough sometimes! I don't know what the truth here really is and don't really care. The bottom line when times are tough and your raising children the important thing is that they get fed and have medical and a roof over their heads ! And as much as I love fly fishing that has to take a back seat to the welfare of family! Priorities !
Unless he is fishing to feed his family. If that's the case buy a walmart rod and reel. Prob get a setup for less than $50. Still will catch you food.

Jason
Old 02-04-2014, 03:56 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Charity is not about providing you leisure time entertainment. Go find a garage sale if you want something inexpensive.

Dave
Old 02-04-2014, 04:07 PM

adrian191 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I can think of a few times here on these pages where I was the one that jumped all over somebody's **** for something like this and it turned out that I was greatly mistaken.

So to answer the question.....Check with your local fly club.
I know that with our club some of the senior members pass away every year and their survivors don't know what to do with their gear.
Club officers are often aware of what's available and might be willing to help someone truly in need..

Saturday, I tried to give away a couple of rods to someone in our club who runs classes for kids....They didn't want 'em, they didn't need 'em. Already got plenty.
I could use one of those rodss.LOL
By the way its nice of you trying to help your local club.
Closed Thread