The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 08:28 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Greys Fly Rods

I have the GS2 7' 2wt. Great little small stream rod. I bought it when i was waiting for my Sage to be repaired.

I have literally beat the **** out of this rod. It has become my go to, small stream, dry fly stick.

If i was in the market for a budget rod....Reddington, TFO, Echo ...ETC....I wouldnt think twice about the Grey's.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

I think the Redington CT is still on sale for $94, it was $74 2 months ago.
GRXi and streamflex are also good.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:17 AM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Can't say much about the short rods.....
But I like my 11' 4wt streamflex......a Czech nymphing dream. (Throws dries too.)
Noticed yesterday, it says made in China on the butt end.

Jim
Old 02-06-2014, 03:16 PM

oldtownpaddler has a spectacular aura aboutoldtownpaddler has a spectacular aura about

Would the GR50 have to fast of an action for small streams for throwing dry flies. Also, would it be a harder rod to cast because I have only been fly fishing for a year now.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM

yabuticus is on a distinguished road

I have a GS 7WT - the action in on the slower side, which I like for nymphing...the rod is good looking and does what I need it to do...I have seen the GS and GS2 series on closeout specials on the internet for well under $100...that was my selling point, but I have been very happy with how it fishes....hope that helps...Mark
Old 02-09-2014, 09:25 AM

meadballs has a spectacular aura aboutmeadballs has a spectacular aura about

I own a 4 wt greys and its my favorite rod for small flies.