The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 04:35 PM

barefoot t will become famous soon enoughbarefoot t will become famous soon enough
Default What knot is that

At the end of A River Runs Through It, the old guy is tying on a fly as Robert Redford does his soliloquy, what know is he using? I have never seen that one that I know of.
Thanks.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:46 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What knot is that

Turle knot

Gary Borger » Blog Archive » Turle Knot

Arnold Richardson played the part of Norman Maclean at the end of the movie. He passed on in December of 2010.

'River Runs Through It' actor Arnold Richardson dies at 96 | Deseret News

"According to an account by John Dietsch, in charge of what he called the "casting casting call," for the role of the elderly Maclean in the film's final scene, he narrowed the field down to two men with beautiful casting ability: a younger one, who tied his knot in his line smoothly and with finesse, and an older man, who struggled and shook, mentioned that his eye's weren't so good, and spent a good five minutes trying to tie his knot — a Turle knot."

Mr Richardson died in Townsend, MT.

BTW barefoot, I used to live in Sandy at "about" 7200S 2700E. It was 1973-1976 so I can't remember the exact address.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Last edited by silver creek; 02-05-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:33 AM

barefoot t will become famous soon enoughbarefoot t will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What knot is that

Thanks for that info, I think he played the part perfectly but wondered about that knot. Now I know, thanks! I am in South Jordan around 10400 S and 3200 W