The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By craigthor
  • 2 Post By craigthor
  • 1 Post By lightline

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 05:32 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Lanyard Question II

Do any of you guys hang a flybox on your lanyard, or just keep it in a pocket ?
If you do attach one, what do you use ?

I currently "wear" a nipper, hemostat, tippet holder, a cork to dry flies on, and a little bottle of floatant.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:57 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lanyard Question II

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post

I currently "wear" a nipper, hemostat, tippet holder, a cork to dry flies on, and a little bottle of floatant.
The C&F Chest Threader/ Magnet/ Foam Patch is designed to attach to a lanyard, has 2 hooks that can be attached so you can put it on a lanyard.
siege likes this.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Nice ! Like the CFA 50 THR ? Sweet looking combo, it appears that would do the job, thanks for the post !
I love the forum.....seek and you shall find...
Old 02-08-2014, 07:19 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nice ! Like the CFA 50 THR ? Sweet looking combo, it appears that would do the job, thanks for the post !
I love the forum.....seek and you shall find...
If you want to test one out send me a pm with your address and I can send you mine to play with it.
littledavid123 and siege like this.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:45 PM

lightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the rough

I attach one or two small foam fly boxes to mine. I drill a hole through a corner on the hinge of the box, tie in a loop of braided line, and attach the loop to a snap on my lanyard. I attach them at pocket height, so I can put them in my shirt pocket while still attached to the lanyard. Pic. is on page 2 of the previous lanyard thread.
siege likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM

yabuticus is on a distinguished road

I generally try to minimalize the amount of "things" I have dangling in front of me...just gives me one more possible thing to get in the way or cause noise or get line wrapped around...for those reasons, I stow my boxes in pockets or packs...but of course, it's ultimately a matter of what works best for you.
Mark
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

With steelhead fishing you need a lot less 'stuff' unless you're on an extended trip away from the Jeep. Clamp the hemo's on my shirt with a short cord hanging down with just nippers and a Police Whistle (safety issue!!!!!!**). Small fly box goes down the front of my waders (being you've a belt around your waders the box isn't going anywhere) and a spool or two of tippet in a shirt pocket.

Deal Done.

** EVERYONE should carry a whistle!