The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Fishpond Nomad Nets

Without taking the other thread off topic the Nomad nets got brought up and I have looked at them previously. Anyone using the hand net or mid length net? The hoop looks much better suited than my Brodin will be for bass catching.

My fishing will be either bank or wade fishing so the slight extra reach from mid length might be nice.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:18 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Re: Fishpond Nomad Nets

Craig, a mid length guide net was my choice. (See Truckee thread...)
18x13 hoop, overall, 37". Sweet.....
Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Craig, a mid length guide net was my choice. (See Truckee thread...)
18x12 hoop, overall, 30". Sweet.....
Thanks, I know Feather Craft has their $20 off purchases over $100 this weekend so figure now is the time to upgrade before the thaw.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future

I haven't seen the new "Tailwaters" Brown trout pattern.............
Might not be out yet. Green is nice, river camo better to me.
Love feather craft.....Recommend getting the locking gear keeper/re-tractor while you're at it....hate to lose a net.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen the new "Tailwaters" Brown trout pattern.............
Might not be out yet. Green is nice, river camo better to me.
Love feather craft.....Recommend getting the locking gear keeper/retractor while you're at it.
I like the plain jane green, a plus is these float as well. An extra $20 makes the deal that much nicer.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:38 PM

Not so plain.....it's got a nice grippy surface, camo doesn't. (They only had camo in stock for me.)
When the net floats, and is tethered, you can use BOTH hands for the fish.
I find the clear bag calms them too.
Enjoy!
bear 007 and craigthor like this.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Not so plain.....it's got a nice grippy surface, camo doesn't.
Enjoy!
Oh even better, now to list my Brodin to raise some more funds...
Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

My brother had the mid-length one and loves it. Carries it in his wading belt. He's found it really handy to have a bit more length to net the fish. I ended up getting a longer Brodin net and love it, but his is very nice.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 PM

Thanks, I took advantage of the Feathercraft sale and picked up the mid length for $20 off.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I got a longer handle net,,,and I find it helps me not have to wobble over stones when netting a fish. AND, I stopped carrying it on a magnetic thing and just stick it in my belt in back,,like an Indian might carry a tomahawk,,and works like a charme that way.
I like the looks of them Nomad nets,,,just cant justify buying one right now,,but if my Stephens ever wears out,,,that'd be what I'd want. I love the olive drab look of them,,,says 'fisherman' to my mind.

mike
craigthor likes this.