The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 07:06 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Where are you?

Please fill out your location, at least the general location, in your profile.

Many times your questions are impossible to answer because nobody knows where you are.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are you?

Amen to that! It doesn't have to be an exact location like mine (Pinedale, WY), you could say something like "western Wyoming" that will give the others a good general idea of where you fish and we can provide better advice when you ask questions.

Larry
fredaevans and popperfly like this.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 AM

ib me is on a distinguished road

Me I'm in Va. Shenandoah valley come & enjoy some brookie fishing in the blue ridge & bass fishing on the james,new, & Shenandoah rivers
Dennis
Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 AM

trouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura about

When I am fishing, I am in the Colorado Rockies, Beaver Creek/Vail and surrounding areas, and when I am not fishing, I am in The Woodlands, TX. However, when I am in TX I am tying flies to use once I get back to CO.
Get your feet wet,
Roger
Old 02-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I've thought about making location a 'required field' when registering but many people may think it intrusive. It would however be nice if members did it on their own.
mcnerney, popperfly and jbird like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-16-2014, 01:39 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough

Norta Mudzoory.
we got carp,bluegill,largemouth bass,channel cats,blue cats,flatheads,crappie and green sunfish among others.

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 02-16-2014, 01:41 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Southwest , Virginia. Fish anywere I can get line wet,,but mostly southwest Va.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:43 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough

Hardyreels,
my pal up in Palmer tells me Anchorage is getting a Cabelas?

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 02-16-2014, 01:51 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

General geographic area is nice to know. I changed my location from Missoula, Montana to Western Montana as I moved out of Missoula but the town my address is in would not mean anything to anyone. I'm South of Missoula in the Bitterroot Valley.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Hardyreels,
my pal up in Palmer tells me Anchorage is getting a Cabelas?

buzz
They are spreading like weeds! One opening in Missoula soon too.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I live in southeast Idaho. My fishing is primarily in the Snake River and it's tributaries. It really helps when asking questions. What works in Georgia may not catch fish in Alaska. A somewhat complete profile seems to add credibility and makes the newer members more like neighbors than strangers.
We're talking primarily about fishing here, it's not the witness protection program. Almost everyone here is very legit, and if you mention what state you live in, you're not letting out family secrets, or even the recipe for your grandma's favorite casserole unless you choose to. The more you put in, the more you will get back.