The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 02:19 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default There's No Drought at the Beach

I haven't been posting much lately, as work and other obligations have kept me very busy. However, I've managed to sneak away for a few surf sessions here and there, and it's been a great year so far. I hope those of you who have been experiencing a rough winter find some relief soon. Feel free to send some of that moisture out this way. We sure need it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheers,

-VB

Old 02-17-2014, 02:30 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: There's No Drought at the Beach

Those are some nice slabs Eric! That first barred is a real dandy! I bet that guitar had you hangin on!

Thanks for the report. I needed to see a beach real bad
von behr likes this.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eric: Looks like the new year has been treating you pretty good, those are some nice fish, congrats!

Larry
von behr likes this.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:41 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Nice, looks warm too...
von behr likes this.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:43 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!!!! I've got to get away from this snow!! Great looking fish!
von behr likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-17-2014, 02:48 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

jealous sir, jealous
von behr likes this.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Thanks for the comments, guys. I sincerely hope winter comes to an end soon, with lots of hungry fish coming out to play. Here's to a giant thaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Those are some nice slabs Eric! That first barred is a real dandy! I bet that guitar had you hangin on!

Thanks for the report. I needed to see a beach real bad
Jay, the perch have been amazing in their size, aggression, and fight.

As for the guitarfish, they always put a serious bend in the rod and take a while to land. Sometimes they cup their bodies and literally make themselves like a suction cup on the bottom, and they just won't budge. They are challenging to bring to hand.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

I caught a few of those crazy things as a kid soaking bait off the beaches in So Cal. The thing I remember the most is their odd, sharky smell.

I also remember how tasty those perch were in a pan of butter!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM

Jay, they are one of the oddest looking sharks out there. I love the reactions from people walking by on the beach when they see you pull something like that out of a few inches of water. They have no idea what's out there.
jbird likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:54 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Eric, your surf fishing trips always make me a little homesick. Looks like the beginning of a great year. I always enjoy your pictures, great fish ! Keep 'em coming.