The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 12:37 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Net Chronicles - Another Glissmeyer Adventure Series

Just thought I would start a new thread detailing our fishing excursions for this year. Since I built nets for most of my family at the end of last year I thought it would be appropriate to title the thread as I did as we should have a few pics of fish in those custom nets.

I hope you like this and look forward to your comments.

Here is how we ended 2013:

Click the image to open in full size.

And how we began 2014:

I'll post more as we get out. I have some from yesterday but do not have them ready to go.

Just a note: Not all of the nets will be thos3e I built. The nets I assembled will be those with a scroll cut image through the handle such as a Parasol Emerger fly on my net...

Best Fishes!

Kelly.
mojo, fyshstykr, idafish and 15 others like this.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:14 PM

troutfanatic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Net Chronicles - Another Glissmeyer Adventure Series

That's awesome! That brown is a fatty! I can't wait to see some more pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:16 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

following this thread...

i'll be starting a journal here once things get going

look at the teeth on that brownie!

looks like freaking jaws
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Nice nets, Kelly. Are you marketing them for retail, or just family?
Old 02-18-2014, 02:26 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Nice nets, Kelly. Are you marketing them for retail, or just family?
Just us for now, but I'm working on getting them out sometime soon this year. I don't like the narrow bow at the handle so we are working on a suitable jig that's a bit wider. The kicker is the scroll saw images as they can be personalized as a person would want.

Stay tuned for more info soon.

Kelly.
cpiercem likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: Awesome photos and fish, congrats! Looks like you might want to consider designing a few larger nets, especially for that big Brown and his cousins.

Edit: Very nice wood work on those nets!

Larry

Old 05-13-2014, 11:40 AM

It appears I have not been very current in my fishing reports. Spring is a busy time for me with a variety of expos, demos and presentations and such so I haven't been on the water as much as I would like to be. Nevertheless I still get out from time-to-time and I need to catch up in my exploits and share them with you.

First order of business is to report that all of my regular fishing buddies have deserted me. A year ago my buddy Buzz took off back to southern Utah, In March my youngest son moved to Utah for work and just last week my oldest son headed for New York to work for a year to a year-and-a-half. Cathy and I are true empty nesters and my fishin' buddies are all gone...

But life continues to roll on...

The day before my oldest headed out we hit the spring creek for one last blast and we had a ball. Four anglers and we all got into fish. I'll post pics later. For now I want to report on one of the trips my son and his friends made to the spring. From the pics it appears I taught him well.

This fish is the one I show at the first of this thread that I caught last Fall towards the end of the season. The next series is my son Michael with the same fish caught out of the spring this spring after a rigorous bike ride in.

Enjoy:

Best Fishes!

Kelly.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM
mridenour

I need to go fishing for browns with you!!!! Awesome fish.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all

Sweet! Awesome pics!

Speaking of nets, how about a little advice?

Currently the only net I use for FF is an old Orvis rectangular "stretch and release net" that is 14.5"x7.25" bow. Fine for most Michigan trout streams, when I return to Mt./Wy./Id. this year (think N.Fork Clearwater), in that all trout out west are the size of Blue Marlins, what would you suggest in the way of a net particularly regarding size?

Thanks, and great shots!

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: That was one awesome Brown trout, congrats to Michael!
Just give me a shout sometime if you want someone to join you fishing, I'm not that far away.

Larry