The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default Madness!!!

Sitting in my office, catching up on emails and can't help but think about 3:30 and the river thats 5 minutes from the door! i went by yesterday at lunch and saw lots of big stripe breaking the surface busting bait where the creek flows in! then driving back to the office i crossed a lil spring creek, stopped there for a brief sec. and saw a nice pod of panfish sitting in a deep pool! the 60 degree weather really has fish coming out of hiding. our low tonight is actually 61!!

fast forward to this morning...i walk out thru the garage, grab my patagonia sling pack and waders. then i go to the rod racks.....TROUBLE! I reach for a 9' 8wt with a 300gr sink tip, then i think to myself, "why not take the tfo mini mag with an intermediate line".....then i think, well i could go try for those bluegill and redbreast i saw....so i reach for a 4wt......and then again it hits me.....why not carry that lil 6'2" 2wt? and so on!

and dont even get me started on when i FINALLY chose a rod and headed over to the flyboxes

anyone else combat this problem!!??
Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Madness!!!

Man, my heart bleeds for you!

Such torment, having to choose which rod to use or which species of fish to go chase!

Life just isn't fair!

So, what did you do?

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:16 AM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Can you imagine a female with a full closet of shoes to select from?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:30 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I need to be where you are. It's gonna get up to 40 again today I think... But the multiple feet of snow that lines the creeks has demotived me...

In another couple months I'll have just about every rod in my car ready to fish anything at the drop of a dime

And to answer your question... Take them all obviously.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:34 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

The choices Ive had to make for far too long is... John Deere blower for the 300yrd long driveway. Walk behind blower for the front walk and doggie poopoo area and snow shovel for all the detail work.

Wanna trade?

Where are you that theres stripers and 61* overnight lows??
Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I'm jealous, everything is frozen solid here and the forecast is saying we will get another 4-8 inches of snow today which is good for the snow pack here in Wyoming so I'm not complaining. I might go fishing tomorrow if the winds aren't too high, they were calling for 30 mph winds but nothing so far.

Larry

Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

My solution is to just keep a rod, reel, stocked vest, and hiking boots in the trunk of my car.....

A cup of coffee and I'm on the road. No hemming and hawing over what to bring.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

Im located in good ole north alabama

and to answer the question...I went with the 8wt Mystic and 300gr sink tip....tomorrow I'll bring the glass 2wt and chase panfish high is 77 tomorrow but....tornado weather by evening.
buddhist_palm likes this.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

STOP!! Your killing me!! 77 degrees ! What the heck!!
buddhist_palm likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM

how bout i post pics over the next few days