The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By paulw2
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By paulw2
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By paulw2
  • 1 Post By Joni

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM

paulw2 is on a distinguished road
Default N.f.o. Renagade supprrise :)

ordered my renegade last thur , 13 th feb dave said it would take about 2 weeks ,I just got home and the u.p.s. guy was just pulling up to my door ,I thought no way that this could be my boat ,it was was WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO. just opened it and every thing is there I was a bit concerned about back orders and such, just had a quick look and its complete , oars pump ,bags, foot bar etc etc .I wont be able to inflate it just yet but I am one excited puppy ,now 6 more wks of ice on the river then look out her I come ,if I can get rid of the cats for a while I might set it up in my kitchen, as a surprise for the missus ,some how I don't think she will be as excited about having a 9 ft pontoon boat inflated in her kitchen as I am
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N.f.o. Renagade supprrise :)

Congrats on getting the new pontoon boat, I definitely know the feeling, I got mine in the winter and just had to blow it up, so it set in the dining room for a few days, then I moved it out to the garage until the ice melted off the streams.

Larry
paulw2 likes this.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:24 PM

larry I just give it a quick once over ( I was told to shift my operation to the laundry room )unfolded it and was looking at the valve on the toon and the adaptors that came with the pump, and they will not fit ,do I have to get a special adaptor to fit ? it just seems strange the pump that came with the boat that none of them fit ,any suggestion or advice ?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Paul: Same confusion I had. The adapters don't fit into the boat. There will be a short piece of hose that connects to the adapter on the end plastic hose on the pump, then the short piece of hose goes into the boat fitting, kind of a half twist turn and it holds just fine.

Larry
paulw2 likes this.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 PM

cheers larry ,I found the bit of hose in the pump box, almost threw it out ,I will try that after ,super ,almost gad a little fit about that lol ,is there a proper adaptor you can get for this by any chance ?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Paul: Not that I know of but maybe a pm to Joni will provide some better insight. After you use it a couple times it is no big deal, at least that is my take on it.

Larry
paulw2 likes this.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 PM

ok tks larry ,I will p.m. joni latter ,I appreciate the help.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I use an LVM pump and a K-Pump 100 to top it off. Both have a beveled end that I just hold up to the valve. However, you probably have the new Bravo 2 valves which are a combination of the Halkey Roberts and the Bravo 1. You push and twist to open. I would pump with the LVM in the open position then close and top off with K-Pump. K-pump is a single action. Now if you went with the K-Pump 200 it is a double action and again, you just hold the little blue cap on the end up to the valve and pump.
paulw2 likes this.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 PM

thanks joni, greatly appreciate your help on this ,I got the bit of hose to work ,as larry told me about it .I just have to see if I can find a k 200 pump in town , I have seen them on the net ,but the hose works pretty good for now ,any videos on how to rig the seat ,sorry about all the questions, but I figure if i don't know something its always a good idea to ask someone that probably does know. tks

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I just found a post by mojo ,with good pics of the set up ,I think I should be good for now ,good grief you would think I was going fishing in the morning ,just getting to excited ,the missus has already warned me NOT to try floating the river yet ,lol