The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 06:10 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice
Default Re: Help Me Support a Fellow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Looks like we are getting some really good help for a great cause, anyone else want to help out by donating a few fly tying materials?

Larry
Yes we are!

Thank you to everyone above who has offered to support this little project. I sincerely appreciate it.

If you would like to contribute to this great cause, but are not into tying flies, then you should know that Jerry "Hairwing530" is selling flies that he has tied with his kids over in the classified section. Check it out. The money from the proceeds is what helps him keep these great classes going. I just bought my third box today.

Thanks again guys.

-Jason
mcnerney likes this.

Last edited by labradorguy; 02-23-2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-22-2014, 08:37 PM

cowger10 will become famous soon enoughcowger10 will become famous soon enough

PM sent this is a great cause.
labradorguy likes this.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Sunday morning bump before Church.
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
mridenour

Great idea. This could probably just be an ongoing thing. I'll have to donate at a later date since I have just spent my extra cash on a box from Jerry.
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:21 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

PM sent, I'm in, let me know where to send my help.

Rick
labradorguy likes this.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jason: After going through my extra tying materials to donate to Jerry and the cancer kids, I will just send it directly to Jerry rather then to you as the pile got kind of large, that way we can save in postage. I hope you don't mind.

Here is my stash, I have it boxed up and will get it in the mail to Jerry today:
Click the image to open in full size.

Larry

Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 AM

From Eddie O'Neill-

Hi Jason,
I've put together a few things.
A basic set of tools.
1. Basic Vice
2. Bobbin holders x 2
3. Hackle pliers
4. Whip finish tools x 2
5. Bobbin threader
6. Scissors

Basic materials.
Cock hackles
Hen Cape
Peacock Herl
Bronze Mallard
Fritz
Threads
Tinsels
Wire
Pheasant tail legs
Hooks

I'll get them in the post tomorrow.

Good on you Sir for organising this.

Best Regards
Eddie

Eddie,

What a fantastic contribution to this great cause. Jerry has 16 kids in his class. Every single item here will be appreciated and put to great use. Thank you Sir for your generosity!!
mcnerney and oarfish like this.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Just went through my corner...

Hopefully Jerry can make use of all this... I know little about the man but know he does a ton of good.

Lot of impulse purchases and oops I already have 3 of those... Time to thin the heard... If one could pm me Jerry's address I'll get this out in the coming weeks... Lab it's gonna be a big box as well... So it'll be easier and it'll save you some cash for me to ship it out.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:40 AM
mridenour

Wow! That's almost as much stuff I have altogether! I guess I'm kind of a minimalist as far as keeping supplies for tying around.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Wow! That's almost as much stuff I have altogether! I guess I'm kind of a minimalist as far as keeping supplies for tying around.
Sometimes I get carried away and buy in bulk... Those 3 bags are a mix of hairs... I can identify the deer/elk but all else is unknown to me... Awhile back a supplier was selling off bags of odd cut skins... So I bought like 6 bags thinking I'd make use of it... Years later there it still sits... Same with all those bags of dubbing... Like I said... Carried away... Two things will come of it... Jerry will be happy and so will the gf

Looks like I gotta get a bigger box... Jerry is gonna be confused why someone is sending him a box of French fries or chicken tenders
mridenour and labradorguy like this.