The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 03:33 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Help Me Support a Fellow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
French fries or chicken tenders
Both are good, great job with your help!

Rick
Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just went through my corner...

Click the image to open in full size.

Hopefully Jerry can make use of all this... I know little about the man but know he does a ton of good.

Lot of impulse purchases and oops I already have 3 of those... Time to thin the heard... If one could pm me Jerry's address I'll get this out in the coming weeks... Lab it's gonna be a big box as well... So it'll be easier and it'll save you some cash for me to ship it out.
PM sent with Jerry's address!

Larry
itchmesir likes this.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I'm working on a few things tonite. Sorry, I've just been preoccupied with this hand deal. But I'm checking things as we speak here.

Mike
Old 02-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Jason,

I will try to get your mailing info on Thursday the 26th of February so I can mail out before I leave for the cabin.
labradorguy likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
I'm working on a few things tonite. Sorry, I've just been preoccupied with this hand deal. But I'm checking things as we speak here.

Mike
No worries, it won't get sent without your contribution.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Jerry is gonna be confused why someone is sending him a box of French fries or chicken tenders
Jerry knows he has some friends from here that are sending support his way.

The first box I picked up to start putting stuff in was from Costco... Bulk feminine hygiene products...
itchmesir and mridenour like this.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:27 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Bump.

Yeah, I know.... I'm bad. lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:04 PM

I hope everyone's weekend is going well. Mine is full of ice and nasty weather, with lots of thoughts about spring, green grass, and liquid water....

I wanted to give this page a bump today. I spoke with Jerry earlier and found out that one of his students is not doing very well.... Not well at all. As a result of this, Jerry is running his own "Make-A-Wish" program by selling flies to finance her dream of visiting the Catskills and being immersed in the area's rich fly fishing heritage for a couple of days.

There has been a lot of great support for this thread from several members here. I want to thank each and every one of those men and at the same time reach out to the many others who frequent this forum. Let's get behind Jerry and his efforts and help this young lady have the best trip ever.

Please consider making a donation of tying materials or if that's not your thing, perhaps you could purchase one of Jerry's fly assortments (listed in the classified section here). I've received the two that I ordered for my boys and I have to say that I'm absolutely blown away by the quality of the flies in the box. Some are just almost too pretty to ever get wet. Almost.... Jerry is exceptionally skilled at this art and you will not find flies like this at the price her offers them at. I like the fact that when I see my boys holding these boxes, I know that my purchase helped another child in a small way, rather than a large company tying flies in Cambodia....

Feel free to PM me regarding how to make a contribution.

Take care all and thanks again for the support.

Labguy.

Last edited by labradorguy; 03-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:51 AM

Hey Guys.

I updated the original post with the contributor's list on it. I have listed what I have received so far. If you sent something and you are not on the list, please let me know so I can figure out where it is.

For those who have contributed, thank you. For those who are considering it, we are in the bottom of the 7th on this project, so as you are transitioning from tying to fishing, please consider making a donation.

Jerry is funding his own "Make-A-Wish" project for a young girl and he is busting his tail to make it happen for her. Let's get behind his efforts and show our support so he can concentrate on tying rather than budgeting for materials.

Please hurry and get your donations in. It would be great if our box could be put in the mail next week so Jerry can make use of it with this special gift he is giving the young lady.

Thanks again all.

-Jason
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:05 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

I just would like to add my $.02 about Jerry and his efforts. He is a true hero for these kids. What an amazing blessing he is to these youngsters and their families. If you really want to make a difference in some small way to these precious kids, make a donation. It is such a good cause!

We love you Jerry and we're behind you all the way! Special prayers for Miss Emily
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
I just would like to add my $.02 about Jerry and his efforts. He is a true hero for these kids. What an amazing blessing he is to these youngsters and their families. If you really want to make a difference in some small way to these precious kids, make a donation. It is such a good cause!

We love you Jerry and we're behind you all the way! Special prayers for Miss Emily
+1 for what jay said above! If you can spare some fly tying material, please consider donating to this great cause to help Jerry teach these cancer kids fly tying.

Larry