The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 06:55 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Me Support a Fellow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
+1 for what jay said above! If you can spare some fly tying material, please consider donating to this great cause to help Jerry teach these cancer kids fly tying.

Larry
Larry this thread is getting a 'bit long in tooth,' but in a very good way. Possible to 'pin' this to the top of the board and insert the name/mailing address?

Have lots of stuff I'd like to pass along, just where? gets buried.

Fred
labradorguy likes this.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Larry this thread is getting a 'bit long in tooth,' but in a very good way. Possible to 'pin' this to the top of the board and insert the name/mailing address?

Have lots of stuff I'd like to pass along, just where? gets buried.

Fred
Hey Fred.

I sent you an address in a PM quite awhile back. Another one is coming your way in two minutes. I don't know that I want my address posted for a Google search to root out and display to God knows who, and I believe Jerry feels the same way. He gave me permission to give his address out to my friends and to the crew on this forum. I want to respect his wishes. If anyone wants to donate, please send me a PM and we will make it happen.

-Jason
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:04 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Help Me Support a Fellow Member

Got it Jason; will 'collect goodies' and post off.

Fred
Old 03-11-2014, 10:54 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Good evening all.

Just a quick note... Jerry is four boxes away from being able to entirely fund a very special young ladies' dream trip to the Catskills. If you are in need of flies for the upcoming season, you owe it to yourself to check out the boxes he is offering over in the classified section. Look for the boxes sold by hairwing530. I am convinced that you will not find flies of this quality for twice what he is offering them for, plus they come in an awesome double sided waterproof box. It really is a great deal and the proceeds go to help a child's dream come true. You can't beat that.

I'd like to get our forum box off this week to help Jerry get over the hump. If you are planning on donating, please let me know asap.

Thanks.
mcnerney, mridenour and craigthor like this.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labradorguy View Post
Hey Fred.

I sent you an address in a PM quite awhile back. Another one is coming your way in two minutes. I don't know that I want my address posted for a Google search to root out and display to God knows who, and I believe Jerry feels the same way. He gave me permission to give his address out to my friends and to the crew on this forum. I want to respect his wishes. If anyone wants to donate, please send me a PM and we will make it happen.

-Jason
Not to worry; I had three boxes (similar situations) to sort out. Yours is ready and should go into the post this morning. Just need to look up your address.

Fred
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:21 AM

The first box is on it's way. I wanted to get it in the mail sooner than later since Jerry spread himself pretty thin by funding Ms. Emily's trip. I've received about half of the pledged donations so far. I'll plan to send a second box in a week or two depending on when the rest of the promised donations arrive. Thanks guys.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 AM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Jerry received my care package the other day. Said his "kids" made good use of all the dry fly dubbing I sent him. Glad I was able to help out and thank you labradorguy for doing this as well... You're definitely an asset to this community
labradorguy likes this.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:59 AM

Glad to hear you say that... I was wondering if I was bordering on being labeled a "certified pest".
mridenour likes this.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this to the top as it is a great cause! If you have any fly tying material you can spare to donate to Jerry and his cancer kids it would be going to help some great kids battling cancer. Jerry teaches these kids how to tie flies, it doesn't get any better than that. He needs materials....we can help!

Larry

Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 AM

I've got one more box going out next week to our forum friend and the 16 children he is teaching. He dug pretty deeply into his funds to totally finance a dream trip to the Catskills for a young girl who is not doing well at all... (her doctor will need to accompany her) Let's support his amazing efforts and help him out a bit by sending him some of the supplies he needs for his classes.

Guys, the fly tying time is winding down and the fishing time is starting to pick up. If you have extra material that is left over, hooks, thread, etc... how about contributing a little bit of it in our "forum box" which will be going to Jerry and his children next week? I would sincerely appreciate it.

On a side note, if there is support, I'd like to keep this going. There is always something extra that can be shared. I was thinking of organizing it where we will send a forum donation box quarterly or so. If that sounds good to you, please let me know. I don't want to be a pest on here.

If you are interested, then please keep this project in mind when you are going through your stash or cleaning up your bench. It doesn't have to be new boxes/bags, half a box of hooks works just as well as a full box. Thanks guys

-Jason
mcnerney likes this.