The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 01:05 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help Me Support a Fellow Member

Hi All.
From all I've read I know Jerry is doing a terrific Job so I also bought a Box of his Special Flies as a Present for a Good Mate of Mine.
Brian.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:16 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

A fellow angler who visits the forum sent me an e-mail overnight, asking me why I would tell so personal a story with such honesty. My answer was simple and from the heart-- because it's all a part of who and what I am. I'm just a man who loves everything "fly" and comes with his own set of strong suits, and a fair number of weaknesses as well. I strive to be better every day, learning from mistakes when I make them and hoping that I'll become a better person along the way. I've always been and always will be "a work in progress..."

A few angling friends have called me "a hero" for what I do in working with "my kids." Do I see the efforts as heroic? Not really. Rather, it's a course in life of my own choosing, my way of making the proverbial "lemon-ade" after Life had given me "lemons"-- aka my cancers. The "life map" that I follow is one in search of bettering "self" and giving back, and not seeking that which lies well beyond our grasp-- perfection. When a man begins to think of himself as "perfect," he stops learning and become less of a man...

Since the day I signed up for membership here on the forum, I've been blessed with making no shortage of acquaintances who rapidly become some of my best friends-- long distance or not. I place high value on those friendships, and I know deep down that my life would be less rich without the lot of you around. It's a good feeling to know that advise and friendship can be had in spades within hours of an e-mail or a PM. And, for that "comfort factor," of friendships, if you will, you will always have "friends" in this neck of the woods, especially the one known as hairwing530...

And, Jason... I whole-heartedly agree with your philosophy about the Internet. Today's web and the dangers therein are far from what the web was originally intended to be...

I thank each and every one of my friends here on the forum for always having had my back...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 03-21-2014, 06:45 AM
mridenour

Quote:
Originally Posted by labradorguy View Post
I don't believe that being friends has anything to do with distance. I've neighbors right down the road from me who I hold in a lot less regard than several of the people here. You are a friend and an example to a lot of us here Jerry and we want you to know that we are behind you. You do a lot a good for those children. If I were closer, I would offer to help more, but as it is, distance is against me. I am going to keep this thread going for as long as I can though- at the very least until I'm labeled the "forum pest".

BTW- Michigan isn't THAT far according to two little boys who end their prayers every night with, "And please God help Mr. Jerry, Emily, and all the other kids and let them know that we are thinking about them."

If they get their way, they are going to be knocking on your door this summer.
This is what being a dad is all about. Thanks for having the courage to raise kids that see beyond their windows and television. This world today wants to see us teach our kids to look out for themselves. Keep bucking the trend and your boys will do more than live lives of accumulation and consumption. They will contribute to a world that desperately needs them.
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:58 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Help Me Support a Fellow Member

What cost the smile from a Child?

None, and millions in rewards.

Frederick A. Evans
mcnerney and labradorguy like this.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
And, Jason... I whole-heartedly agree with your philosophy about the Internet. Today's web and the dangers therein are far from what the web was originally intended to be...
Between shady people scouring Google and the NSA, us naive good ole boys don't have a chance on the world wide web....
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
This is what being a dad is all about. Thanks for having the courage to raise kids that see beyond their windows and television. This world today wants to see us teach our kids to look out for themselves. Keep bucking the trend and your boys will do more than live lives of accumulation and consumption. They will contribute to a world that desperately needs them.
Mike: Amen to that!

Larry
labradorguy likes this.