The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 06:18 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default What planned for the upcoming season?

So what's everyone have planned for this years fishing season? Any special trips, once in a lifetime kind of thing? Or maybe just a annual trek to your favorite spot? A new rod you just can't wait to try out?
I don't have anything special planned except to hopefully get out on the water more often this year. Many streams I haven't hit around here. One of the benefits of the Driftless I guess.
Not looking for anyone's honey hole, I'm just trying to find something to help with the "cabin fever". Not very good at tying and have been banned from using the dining room table as a
Tying bench and the spot I have deemed the spot to make into a station is currently over cluttered with gold clubs, fishing poles and a broken computer lol.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What planned for the upcoming season?

Plan A is get my 'health' back under control; this past 6 months have been 'interesting.' Second thing is to actually rig up that new Boo spey rod and see how she works.
mcnerney, jaybo41, bquick and 1 others like this.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 PM

rusty 54 will become famous soon enough

Hoping to finally get to the Driftless Area. Other than that, the northern Michigan rivers.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:10 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

The plan is to become very accustom to the following streams.

Blue.
South Platte.
Colorado River.
Ark.
Eagle.
Williams Fork.
.....but not limited to....

After I take my daughter to Auburn in Aug., I am going to take a couple of 3 weeks or so.......and retrace some of my favorite water and trips.

Big snook under the dock lights on Siesta Key.
At least two nights in the B/C, fishing in the GSMNP.
First light, walking the beach at Smiths Point.

Luckily, I will be flexible enough this year to pull it off.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:13 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

As it is every year. Spend more time on the water
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:56 PM

rocketbomb is a jewel in the roughrocketbomb is a jewel in the roughrocketbomb is a jewel in the rough

My shiny new canoe should show up tomorrow. Tons of small farm ponds in the area where the canoe will allow me to fish much more effectively. May take it out to some other parts of the state, where there are lots of fisheries in shallower natural ponds with very weedy shores (not bank fishable) and be able to do some fishing in those places that should be a blast. Probably won't take more than one or two trips more than 100 miles away this year, though that's subject to change. There are enough little ponds around here with good bass and bluegill fishing to keep me plenty busy.

Also looking to canoe the unchannelized stretch of the Missouri from Yankton, SD to Ponca, NE sometime during the year. Not sure how much fishing I will get done on that trip, but surely at least some.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

My list:

- Take a class to improve my skills and learn some more
- Fish in Michigan again with a good friend at the end of May
- Catch my first Musky as well as a bunch of bass and pike in Wisconsin in June
- Fish with my wife
- Another fishing trip with my dad, brother, and brothers-in-law
- fish with my niece and nephew, get him his first fish
- starting soon will get a day off every other week to compensate for long hours at the hospital, do a lot of week-day fishing myself
mcnerney and shortyb like this.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:11 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

My sons and I decided to fish in all 12 months this year. Living in Idaho, that's not always easy. So far, so good.
We wade, float, and boat, and have a lot of good water to fish. We'll hit lakes, small creeks, and major rivers, and I'm looking forward to lots of time on the water.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:25 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Yellowstone again (hopefully), Gunnison, CO in late August, and I want to do more alpine stillwater for trout this year.

Now I have to get my butt back to the tying bench.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 AM

idahoclouser will become famous soon enough

Hitting a high mountain lake every weekend this summer, one of which has goldens. Others with graying along with cutts, rainbows, big whitefish etc. Spending some evenings on the Jarbidge river as well. If I have time I will squeeze in some warm water action.
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."