The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 01:36 PM

cowger10 will become famous soon enoughcowger10 will become famous soon enough
Default Bummed

I was jacked to get out this last weekend but low and behold had to get some rain on Friday and blow the rivers out. I guess better luck next weekend.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:44 PM

pho_phizzat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bummed

Lame,

Nothing worse than expecting to get out and having it not happen.

You could always shoot down to the canyon and fish below Boysen,

Then again a friend of mine said that the park below the damn was packed full and it was elbow to elbow on Saturday.

He also said he saw 6 drift boats between the wedding of the waters and the first big bend in town.
cowger10 likes this.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho_phizzat View Post
Lame,

Then again a friend of mine said that the park below the damn was packed full and it was elbow to elbow on Saturday.

He also said he saw 6 drift boats between the wedding of the waters and the first big bend in town.
That does not surprise me at all. It is combat fishing down there.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lame,

It was pretty crowded on the Green below Fontenelle yesterday as well.
Any word from your friend on the canyon section? I've been thinking about making a drive over there.

Larry

Old 03-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Any word from your friend on the canyon section? I've been thinking about making a drive over there.

Larry
Larry
I know that there is ice further down but I don't know about the canyon section.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Larry
He didn't get to fish the Wind Canyon. He said you couldn't even find a spot to park.

I played hookie on Thursday and went out to the reef with my Dad and we had a 50 fish day between the two of us. Smallest was 16ish biggest around 21. All rainbows.
mcnerney and hailfly like this.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He didn't get to fish the Wind Canyon. He said you couldn't even find a spot to park.

I played hookie on Thursday and went out to the reef with my Dad and we had a 50 fish day between the two of us. Smallest was 16ish biggest around 21. All rainbows.
Pho_phizzat: You're the man, those kind of days make memories lasting a lifetime, great to be able to share that with your dad, congrats! Chase and some friends hit Fremont canyon and said it was a zoo, a fisherman every 20 ft in the meadow area so they gave up and found a couple spots to hike down into the canyon, they did ok, but nothing spectacular.

Larry

Old 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Pho_phizzat: You're the man, those kind of days make memories lasting a lifetime, great to be able to share that with your dad, congrats! Chase and some friends hit Fremont canyon and said it was a zoo, a fisherman every 20 ft in the meadow area so they gave up and found a couple spots to hike down into the canyon, they did ok, but nothing spectacular.

Larry
Yeah Fremont has been crazy. I have a few friends who guide and they won't go up there anymore due to the crowds.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah Fremont has been crazy. I have a few friends who guide and they won't go up there anymore due to the crowds.
Can't blame them, I wouldn't either, just not my idea of getting out on the water and doing a little fishing.

Larry
cowger10 likes this.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:54 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowger10 View Post
I was jacked to get out this last weekend but low and behold had to get some rain on Friday and blow the rivers out. I guess better luck next weekend.
I feel your pain. My contact at Fish and Game offered up a location about 18 miles from home, so my sons and I went out Saturday morning. The road was almost impassable, and when we got there, the water was like flowing chocolate pudding ( or something like that ). We turned around and hit a put 'n take close to home for some casting practice.
Our weekends are so precious, you just hate to waste one. Better weather and fishing conditions are coming, hang in there !
mcnerney and cowger10 like this.