The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Poke 'Em
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 2 Post By dean_mt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 PM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough
Default Too many stickies?

Am I the only one who thinks there are too many stickies on this page? You have to scroll nearly halfway down to see any new threads. It seems like many of the threads are how-to's, or rules. Perhaps they could be moved to a separate subforum to clean things up a little? Maybe make a HOF forum for things like "Fishing Terminology?"

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the list keeps growing, and not shrinking. If we don't clean it up at some point, the entire first page will be nothing but stickies, so it has to change eventually.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Too many stickies?

Hi,

They have been moved to the forums where they apply, we used to have a FAQ sub forum where many were nested but no one ever found them........ So they were shuffled, perhaps we can take a look to see if some cleaning is in order.

Ard
craigthor likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 PM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough

Looks much better! Thanks!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:18 AM

1move has a spectacular aura about1move has a spectacular aura about

Looks a lot better, I am with you, it did get out of hand a bit. I manage a few other car related forums and what I have done there was create the rules and guides in a main section and then created stickies in each subsection with the links and titles. Found it worked much better and the page only had 1 to three stickies at any given time.

For example:

A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums, and Thread Posting Tips, Can be one combined thread.

For our Visitors & Guests Viewing the Threads, and Forum Rules, The Short List, can be one combined thread.

Thats my $0.02
Old 03-11-2014, 10:22 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Can we make this one a sticky?
calftail and craigthor like this.