The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear God, the NE tiers of States are about to get pounded with more snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
We got another 23" last Thursday with more in the forecast, there is up to 30" of ice on the river and temps are still way below normal, I would not want to live on a flood plain, it has the potential to be devastating.
Not sure of the regulations on purchasing flood insurance at this point but it used to have a 10 day 'blank out' period after paying the premium. Flood maps are easy to access on line and if you haven't you should. Two 'flood zones' (you will see very little reference to the second), first is the "100 year," the second is is/was the "500 year."

You're in the first and flood insurance is usually required for any type of loan. Some lenders kept the 'old maps' that had the "500 year" and still insist on the purchase of the insurance (actually quite inexpensive). Just trust me on this one, "500 year" floods are far more common that people might suspect.

So where are these 'zones?' Far closer than many might suspect. I'm not in either of the zones but have them less than one half mile from my front door. Open fields they may be, but a 100 year flood zone they are.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:33 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dear God, the NE tiers of States are about to get pounded with more snow.

The dogs are ready for Spring.

Click the image to open in full size.
fredaevans, bocast and gzarboni like this.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Not sure of the regulations on purchasing flood insurance at this point but it used to have a 10 day 'blank out' period after paying the premium.
For those who may care, I have flood insurance on my rental property. 30 day waiting period before a claim can be filed. Federally subsidized big time and a huge loss program so the 30 day wait is the financially responsible way to run it. Did I just said federal program and financially responsible in the same sentence. Is anyone laughing at me?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:07 PM

royalcoach is on a distinguished road

15" of new snow here when I woke up this morning.
Kinda done with it
Old 03-21-2014, 07:16 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcoach View Post
15" of new snow here when I woke up this morning.
Kinda done with it
I hear you and I'm only 'pixsing and moaning' because we're dropping to a bit below freezing in the early morning. Raising hell with my Rose's and probably the fruit trees. If you have an orchard or a vineyard (lots of both here in our area) these are 'Interesting Times.'

Ever notice the word 'Farm' is a four letter word?

fae
Old 03-21-2014, 07:31 AM

jph is on a distinguished road

Woke up to a dusting in Central OH...So sick of this!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice
Default Dear God, the NE tiers of States are about to get pounded with more snow.

Got the old sled running. I took a ride back to our camp with my son. It is about 3 1/2 miles in the woods. The fishing hole is just that, a small hole. The camp looks like a winter wonderland. Got off the sled and fell waist deep in snow. I would say that there is 4 feet in the woods. Expecting another storm on Wednesday. Click the image to open in full size.
Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
I rooting for at least a few more inches. We are only a couple inches shy for the most snow ever in a single season in Michigan. After all that shoveling, might as well go for the gold.

We will also be breaking the all time most consecutive days with over an inch of snow on the ground, as well as a record low temperature for this date tonight.

It's like winning Olympic gold!
Quote:
+1 Yeah buddy, that's the attitude!

Embrace the Michigan!

B.E.F.

WOOT!

Last nights snowfall pushed us past the 1880/1881 record of 93.6" to a new record of 93.8" .

Embrace the Michigan!

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:10 AM

jsxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutjsxtreme has a spectacular aura about

What he said. ^ Argh.

grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:52 PM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

What good luck. It just started snowing more. We are truly blessed this year with snow.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.