The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 03:31 PM

depenner will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dear God, the NE tiers of States are about to get pounded with more snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtlksmarlin View Post
WOOT!

Last nights snowfall pushed us past the 1880/1881 record of 93.6" to a new record of 93.8" .

Embrace the Michigan!

B.E.F.

Snow levels in Madison haven't been too bad this year--just bloody cold. We average about 50" or so most winters; but a few years back it started in early December and never stopped snowing. Every few days was another 6" or so. We ended the winter with almost 120" It got to be a bit of a problem trying to figure out where to put the damn stuff when shoveling.

david
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all
Default Re: Dear God, the NE tiers of States are about to get pounded with more snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depenner View Post
It got to be a bit of a problem trying to figure out where to put the damn stuff when shoveling.
So where did you put the regular stuff?

B.E.F.
fredaevans and depenner like this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:30 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
WOOT!

Last nights snowfall pushed us past the 1880/1881 record of 93.6" to a new record of 93.8" .

Embrace the Michigan!

B.E.F.

Erie, pa laughs at your total snowfall amount

Ryan
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 PM

grtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to allgrtlksmarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
Erie, pa laughs at your total snowfall amount
For the record let me correct myself.......94.8! HA!

...and Erie might have received more snow, but did you have to walk 20 miles in it, barefoot, uphill, to school BOTH ways? If you say yes, then why didn't you take the bus?

B.E.F.
repperson29 likes this.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:18 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
For the record let me correct myself.......94.8! HA!

...and Erie might have received more snow, but did you have to walk 20 miles in it, barefoot, uphill, to school BOTH ways? If you say yes, then why didn't you take the bus?

B.E.F.

Walk? Who takes the easy way and walks? We had to CRAWL uphill both ways

Ryan
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:05 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the early morning news, your weather .... and I'm glad I'm here in Southern Oregon. 77 degrees yesterday.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
Walk? Who takes the easy way and walks? We had to CRAWL uphill both ways

Now that is just absurd....Everyone knows you can't crawl and take (carry) the bus, uphill, both ways too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Watching the early morning news, your weather .... and I'm glad I'm here in Southern Oregon. 77 degrees yesterday.
That's terrible!....Now you'll have to find something other than weather to complain about

B.E.F.
repperson29 likes this.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:15 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

On Monday, it was 75°. The water temp was 36°, though.

I didn't even wear waders for the little wading I did (calf-deep).

Today, I wake up to snow, 25°, with a wind chill of 15°.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
On Monday, it was 75°. The water temp was 36°, though.

I didn't even wear waders for the little wading I did (calf-deep).

Today, I wake up to snow, 25°, with a wind chill of 15°.
At this time of the year our temperature extreams can be interesting ... but nothing like that.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:04 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Noon weatherman the other day gave me these #'s, air temp 94 degrees, dew point -16 degrees. Anyone care to guess what the relative humidity was? milt