The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By chechem
  • 3 Post By Mnflyfish
  • 1 Post By littledavid123
  • 1 Post By chechem
  • 1 Post By kicker19
  • 1 Post By bloomagoo
  • 1 Post By oldnewguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 06:36 PM

chechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to behold
Default I deserve kudos ... LOL

Just returned from fishing Spring River, Arkansas.
It was my first flyfishing trip this year; the trout were snapping.
But I was surrounded by guys using spinning rods and PowerBait. They had stringers of trout - DEAD.

Despite the competition, I stayed with flies and released the ones I caught.
No, I didn't match their catches. But I had fun (Brown and Black Wooly, Prince Nymphs, and a couple on dry flies).
It's tough competing against PowerBait, spinners, and worms!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: I deserve kudos ... LOL

Kudos to you my friend for staying the course and not folding to the lure of the power bait and rooster tail!

The force is strong in this one.....

Sent from my iPhone
Old 03-15-2014, 06:51 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a good time and I wouldn't worry about the power bait boys, every one fishes for a different reason.

Dave
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:08 PM

chechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to beholdchechem is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyfish View Post
Kudos to you my friend for staying the course and not folding to the lure of the power bait and rooster tail!

The force is strong in this one.....

Thanks.
I have a new respect for trout senses now. Those rascals can sniff out the bait quickly.
But I caught 10 myself, enjoyed the fishing, and had a good weekend.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Glad you had a good time and I wouldn't worry about the power bait boys, everyone fishes for a different reason.

Dave
Right you are, Dave!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM

kicker19 has a spectacular aura aboutkicker19 has a spectacular aura aboutkicker19 has a spectacular aura about

DOUBLE kudos to you ! its painful to see stringers of dead trout
fredaevans likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:58 PM

itchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond repute

Why bash on another person's way of fishing? Congratulations you fish with a fly rod. Get over yourself.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:00 PM

bloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to beholdbloomagoo is a splendid one to behold

Stockies have a nearly a 100% mortality rate anyway, so don't feel bad about seeing fish on a stringer. They're going to wind up as food for something.
itchmesir likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:43 PM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough

When our season opens at the end of April, I expect to see the same thing.

Our streams will be overstocked and the spin guys will go home happy and after a few weeks, the stream will be in balance again with the easy fishing over and they won't be back. Then it will be mine.

Matter of fact, I'm going to thank them for contributing to support our fisheries with their $$.

I just wish I didn't have to pick up so much trash and beer cans.

Tight lines!

Joe
itchmesir likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewguy View Post
When our season opens at the end of April, I expect to see the same thing.

Our streams will be overstocked and the spin guys will go home happy and after a few weeks, the stream will be in balance again with the easy fishing over and they won't be back. Then it will be mine.

Matter of fact, I'm going to thank them for contributing to support our fisheries with their $$.

I just wish I didn't have to pick up so much trash and beer cans.

Tight lines!

Joe
Thanks, Joe. 'Tight lines' to you too.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:09 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomagoo View Post
Stockies have a nearly a 100% mortality rate anyway, so don't feel bad about seeing fish on a stringer. They're going to wind up as food for something.
Food for larger fish, or food so small fish can get larger?