The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By eastfly66

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 AM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough
Default A Tour at Thomas & Thomas Fine rods !

After having spent many hours and dollars on fuel this winter I had a chance to cast again a Thomas & Thomas rod. I have also been investing time in my casting skills. After casting just about all the outstanding rods avail. today I found the perfect fit in the Horizon II 9' 4 wt. and at a killer deal on closeout at a local shop. Yesterday, I had some free time and took a 45 min. ride up to
T&T in Greenfield , Ma. I was there before a couple months ago after a failed trip to the Deerfield river and tried a number of rods with Trevor (T&T Staff).
This time I got a tour of the shop and talked with staff for a couple hours.

This is an outstanding small company that takes great pride in their work at every level. Everyone has a specific task and they go about it like a Swiss watch. The 2 skilled blank craftsman make each section with an eye for detail that takes priority over volume. This continues right down the line to the final inspection and the shipper who took time to walk me around and chat a bit of fly fishing. Everyone here is a fly fisher and loved to talk about it.

These people, and I emphasize people , as they are Thomas & Thomas Fly Rods produce a rod with a finish that is far superior to the competitors and a "feel" that only comes from a T&T. When you cast one and hit the sweet spot you will know what I mean. I am taking up Spey casting this year and when I look for a rod , I will be making a trip to see them.

It is nice to see craftsmanship and performance and PRIDE together !

P.S. The bamboo rods/shop are too die for !

Last edited by eastfly66; 03-25-2014 at 06:30 AM.