The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Opening day at the "Club"

Lets give it a try.......

my (from now on) unnamed home stream...

Click the image to open in full size.

Tight lines,

Joe

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

YEA!!!!

It worked!

Thanks for the step by step!!!

Tight lines,

Joe
mcnerney, mridenour and ejsell like this.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 AM

smilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nice

Sounds like a beautiful club I hope you enjoy your fishing there. When you watch animals fish/hunt you can learn a lot. I like to watch Blue Herons fish they way they move and wade while fishing. I try to copy them while wading but I'm not as graceful. Thanks for the report.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:33 AM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough

Here's the only 2 pics I shot yesterday at Limestone...

Tight lines,

Joe

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Smiling Duck,

Last year I started fishing that long pool that you see in my home stream pic in the evening (same time every day). My first time, I spotted a Heron fishing the tail water of that pool and when he say me, he took off. Next night, he was in the same spot and flew down stream and landed on a large bolder within my sight.

This happened a few times but one night, while I was fishing, he flew back over me and landed on a large bolder, upstream from me. And started fishing.

We spent a lot of time together fishing that pool. He was the only other "fisherman" that I shared that water with, summer and fall.

Tight lines,

Joe
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:35 PM

ejsell has a spectacular aura aboutejsell has a spectacular aura aboutejsell has a spectacular aura about

Your unnamed home stream looks great. Hopefully I can get a line wet in it next week.

Jeff
Old 04-15-2014, 04:43 PM

Some more un-named home stream shots the first three are across the street from a certain winery... Click the image to open in full size.

Thru the un-named gorge...

and at the un-named iron furnace falls...

This whole stretch is about.8 miles.

Tight lines,

Joe
mcnerney and ejsell like this.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joe: It sure looks like you have some very nice water to fish between the un-named stream and the Limestone ponds.

Great to see your posting those photos!

Larry

Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 PM

Larry,

Thanks for the encouragement and the sxs.....you made it easy. I'll get some much better shots up here on a regular basis of a lot of un-named, ,waters and fish that are around here.

BTW, a friend was at the un-named falls when the state stocked last week.......they put in an eight pound brood stock Brown.......I'd love to see the look on the face of the angler who hooks into that puppy!

Thanks,

Tight lines,

Joe
mcnerney likes this.