The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 01:36 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Year long trip????!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot t View Post
What a great opportunity!! If you are near Northern California, hit the Smith River, they have both Salmon and Steelhead runs on the last undammed river in the state. I would also hit the northern Sacramento for trout as well. Have a great time where ever you go!! Tight Lines!!
Good call.

Depending upon the time of year just across the Oregon boarder you have the Chetco River. Fall King Salmon fishing can be 'bonkers.' As to where to stay in your RV easy call: "At River'sEdge" RV park on the south bank road.

Park has something like 1,500 feet of prime water at the door step and unless you live/parked the general public has no access.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 PM

doneinne is on a distinguished road

Michigan late August/early September for salmon. North east South Dakota for smallmouth bass. Really beautiful fishing in the mountains of North Carolina for Brook Trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2014, 04:53 PM

mtstickbow78 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info I am making a list! I only have a 5 wt rod right now I am thinking of picking up a 8 wt for northern, bass, steelies and salmon. .....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2014, 02:27 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

I have 3 1/2 months planned beginning here on May 15th and concluding in September. A year, WOW, fantastic and only wish I had the time. Enjoy it.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I always wanted to follow fall from Maine in September all the way to Georgia. The Appalachian Trail runs from Mt. Katahdin down to Springer Mountain GA. I've hiked segments in several states but would love to see fall either on foot or from a camper just once more back there.

I've done some wandering and found that once you start making dates they become like appointments. My very best trips were when I would meet someone and while chatting they asked, "where you headed" and I could honestly answer, "I'm not really sure, do you know any good places".

Ard
mcnerney, dhayden and oldnewguy like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
I have 3 1/2 months planned beginning here on May 15th and concluding in September. A year, WOW, fantastic and only wish I had the time. Enjoy it.
From someone a few days short of 72. Time is not what you've got left ... life and memories are. Hope you have an old dog sitting in the passenger seat. You'll be amazed had how much they can participate in a genuine conversation next to a camp fire or curdled up in a tent.

Google "So God made a dog."

fae
mcnerney and rockriver like this.