The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 02:30 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice
Default Re: I'm very confused........

I'm sick of winter.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
I'm sick of winter.
Amen to that, it is certainly getting old fast.

Larry

Old 04-17-2014, 02:38 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

You can't get hardly nothin' past Ard! Good observation, guys.

I can remember winters where the leaves held onto the trees like that. It seemed like the cold come in fast and hard and killed the foliage before it has time to fall, and it hung there through the winter.

But either way, scam or not, it's a great image.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 PM

ejsell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I have a question. Why are there leaves on the trees? They look like fall leaves not fresh foliage....................... Perhaps the picture was taken last fall?
Could be, I don't think they really said when it was actually taken but there "See it, shoot it, send it" segment is usually a photo from the same day. We did get some early snow in the fall but I don't remember my grass being that green then.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Almost looks like it started snowin after he started mowin, and it does look like fall leaves.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 PM

ejsell will become famous soon enough

The snow was pretty heavy during the night and we only got a light dusting during the day on Tuesday, probably right about it being from the fall.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
You can't get hardly nothin' past Ard! Good observation, guys.

I can remember winters where the leaves held onto the trees like that. It seemed like the cold come in fast and hard and killed the foliage before it has time to fall, and it hung there through the winter.

But either way, scam or not, it's a great image.
Yes, I remember one year in Fairbanks, AK where we got this really wet heavy snow in early Sept, the trees still had all their leaves on and the snow took its toll as it never did warm back up so the trees held that heavy snow all winter. All the local rivers froze over and there were hundreds of folks out fishing that got stranded......those aluminum jet boats don't work so well on ice.

Larry

Old 04-17-2014, 03:12 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Could be fall leaves but if those are oaks, they could still have a lot of brown leaves still hanging. Ours don't really drop clean until they start budding in the spring.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough

Here's my story...............

My wife gets this email from a friend across town with this pic and shows it to me (we did get an inch of snow tues. nite). I asked her if the friend took the pic and she said yes. She then emailed the pic to me and I posted it......totally missing the foliage on the trees. I knew a lot of you would get a charge out of it so I posted it and went fishing (got 2 nice bows) and just got home and checked here.

So.......please forgive me, but it's my WIFE'S fault!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it unless my wife sees this thread.

If she does, you may never hear from me again.

Tight lines,

Joe

Reminds me of this Norman Rockwell great:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iPXz61BBEJ.../SEP+Cover.jpg
dean_mt likes this.

Last edited by oldnewguy; 04-17-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:28 PM

weatherwar is on a distinguished road

I'm not. This is what I'm expecting all summer.