The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 10:30 AM

toxicfly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How old is your 'fishing car?'

I am currently between fishing trucks. I used to have a 2000 s10 that I miss dearly. I am now looking for a second vehicle. My current vehicle is SEVERELY limited on where it can drive. Its an 08 vw...slightly modified haha

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Jason
mridenour and repperson29 like this.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Yea I don't imagine that will get you on too many back roads ha.

Ryan
fredaevans and mridenour like this.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:40 PM

toxicfly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
Yea I don't imagine that will get you on too many back roads ha.

Ryan
Back roads?!? Hahaha I have trouble with main roads. Got about 2" of ground clearence.

Jason
Old 04-23-2014, 01:57 PM

parsond is on a distinguished road

Its a 2002 Jeep Wrangler. Lifted 4" with good oversized off road tires and some cheesy PVC rod tubes on the top I made myself...and you can sure tell I am no craftsman. However, I can put 4 fully strung/rigged fly rods in them, secured with bungee cords around the reels.

It sucks on the highway if its windy, gets terrible milage, is loud, but I never worry about getting stuck unless I do somthing very very stupid - which is possible. I love the thing. It stinks of river bottom, wet dog, gun powder, dead ducks, and old cheese. It still has blood from this years elk on the bumper...since I don't wash it unless it rains or there is so much mud I can't see. I put the quarters on a rack some high school kids welded up for me!

Its the only vehicle I have, not at all practicle, but its my buddy. that Jeep and my boat have provided me with more adventure than I could ever describe...

-Paul Schullery
Old 04-23-2014, 05:44 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 1998 w/142k, but I'm considering retrograding to a '92. milt.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Currently have a beat up '94 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4. 197000 miles. Bought it as a huntin n fishin rig while my '98 ford ranger was my daily driver. Money was tight so I sold the Ford, wich I still kick myself for that. Now the Chevy is laid up with an unknown fuel problem. So I am now drivin my 18yr old sons first car, '89 LeBeron. Runs great n drives. Only 140000 original miles. Great fishin car for 2 ppl lol.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

Had a 04' Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 V8 which I love, but gas isn't cheap you know? traded it in back in 2012 for 12' nissan altima I hate the dawn the car lol gave it to my wife and this year finance a 14' nissan frontier and I love it, just throw the kayak's on the back and I'am ready. Finally can go to certain lakes again that require off road
Old 04-24-2014, 12:12 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo1987 View Post
Had a 04' Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 V8 which I love, but gas isn't cheap you know? traded it in back in 2012 for 12' nissan altima I hate the dawn the car lol gave it to my wife and this year finance a 14' nissan frontier and I love it, just throw the kayak's on the back and I'am ready. Finally can go to certain lakes again that require off road
So hear you about the 'Ford Exploders.' Mine was a 1960 and drove that thing into the ground over something like 20 years. Wife-type refused to get into the thing but the Dog didn't care.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 AM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

Ok, so I no longer have the newest.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 AM

ruttness will become famous soon enoughruttness will become famous soon enough

Mine is an 87 Nissan pickup, picked it up for a steal from a neighbor a few years ago, the bought it new to pick up hay for their horses a few times a year. When I bought it it only had 56k on it and it's at 120k now still a baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk