The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default The Glasser Trial (TR)

Mojo's TFM post reminded me...

I'd been wanting to try out out the whole vintage glass thing for a while now. I found a rod for the price of a good twelve pack and headed out to the local trickle in pursuit of pickles.

New school meets old school
Click the image to open in full size.

Caught a Rio Grande Perch worth two pics

Learned that sunfish spawn is still pending

Badly captured a RGP in its element

And wrapped up the day with another decent sunfish

Woulda taken more pics, but I was enjoying the whiskey sour I froze in a bike bottle and toted along too much.

Caught about 35, and got to watch most of the eats.

That'll do.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 AM

RayMO is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Glasser Trial (TR)

Hey Cliff

It sure looks like you had a good time. I don't know much about the old glass rods, I do have one that was my dad's. I used it out west for a week once found this beaver pond and the game was one, what a blast...

OK, now as far as the whiskey sours go (LOL) man it has been many years but as I recall they need to be really cold....and can do a number on you in the heat!

Ray
Old 08-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

BigCliff: Great looking photos and fish! Looks like you had a grand time with tha old glass rod. You be carefull with that whiskey sour drink!

Larry
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Your glass rod looks great!Makes me feel like buying onethe rio grande perch is beautiful!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:02 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

There certainly is something about using old school tools in an activity that adds something....well.....more to the experience. I do love my old Finwick. Great sounding day and pictures.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nice Cliff. Thanks for sharing those.
Got a newb question. What knot are you using in the first RGP picture to tie your fly that leaves the loop? I like that knot or more the thought that the fly is going to stay in line with the tippet.