The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree178Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Business Member

Flygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to behold
Default A testament to this awesome forum...

I recently ran a little contest to give away a wood fly box. (Thank you everyone for the participation!) The winner of the giveaway (itchmesir) ironically won my last contest too
I was very touched and pleased to discover he wants to donate the box to Jerry aka. Hairwing530, for him to use as he sees fit in regards to his "Kids" and the late Emily.

My hat is off to both Eric and Jerry. You both are the definition of integrity and Im honored to be part of this great forum where so many cool people hang out

That is all
Cheers!!
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl
Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A testament to this awesome forum...

It truly is a unique forum where there are lots of genuinely good people that congregate here.

Ryan
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

If we are having an old fashioned testimony meeting, I would gladly sit in the pews on the front row, and loudly add my Amen.

You guys are both awesome doing what you did, for a guy who also does so much. Thanks.

This forum feels like home, and there's no place like home.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Guys,

It is me who is honored to call so many of you "friend," even if the distance between us may be substantial, and I've never had the pleasure of a face-to-face. Since Emily's passing and my plea for help via the sales of the fly boxes in assisting her folks in paying for her funeral, you've all been nothing but supportive. A fair number of you have stepped up and taken the time to show you cared about a young girl that you will never have the chance to know.

And, you've been there for me as well-- when I've needed to talk, when worry/fatigue/sadness have threaten to overwhelm, or merely to ask if I'm doing OK. Best of all, you've given me hope that we can lend comfort to some folks who could really use one less thing on their plates right now-- Emily's folks. Emily's loss has been extremely difficult, to say the least...

Thank you, my angling friends, for showing the world that we fly wranglers take care of our own, and truly do give a damn...

May you all be blessed with tight lines, now and always, and thank you for allowing me to tie up a few of your flies...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I pray often Jerry to the maker to bless your endeavors to support these kids,,and always I pray for the kids. Kids are the good thing,,the best thing,,,In this old world.
I salute your efforts.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:07 PM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about

This is a place where the people are so real and give so much that you just want to find some way to give something back.

Todd

--Irish Blessing
Old 07-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygrain View Post
I recently ran a little contest to give away a wood fly box. (Thank you everyone for the participation!) The winner of the giveaway (itchmesir) ironically won my last contest too
I was very touched and pleased to discover he wants to donate the box to Jerry aka. Hairwing530, for him to use as he sees fit in regards to his "Kids" and the late Emily.

My hat is off to both Eric and Jerry. You both are the definition of integrity and Im honored to be part of this great forum where so many cool people hang out

That is all
Cheers!!
Jay: My hat is off to you for supporting the forum with your give away contests and especially to Eric and Jerry for stepping up and playing it forward to help those less fortunate. Amen to all you guys!!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 PM

jwthought81 will become famous soon enoughjwthought81 will become famous soon enough

After seeing how everyone here is so quick to help out a person in need, I realize its really not about catching fish at all, but about the relationships that one can build with people of similar interests.

I joined here to learn more about fly-fishing, but the sense of community will keep me here.

I commend all of your actions in this situation.

RIP, Emily.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

In a word, outstanding!

The people who make up the core of this active forum have always been a wonderful group. There's much more I could say but that will cover for now.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-09-2014, 05:25 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

If caring, compassion, concern and comrades in arms could be stock-piled, I would be blessed in having been able to set aside barrels of the lot since joining this forum. I've been shown plenty of the first three, and have been privileged enough to have gathered a wealth of the fourth, all of whom I'd gladly share/guide to my best fishing spots in a heartbeat.

You've got rod slots reserved on my stretch of the river, my friends, anytime you find yourself in my neck of the northern Michigan woods. And, I'll bring the flies...

Jerry, aka hairwing530