The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree80Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 03:38 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice
Default I love Fly Fishing!

First, I have to say to:

mridendur, busbus, ithrnk03, and jaybo41:

"You don't own me"
"don't tell me what to do"
"I don't tell you what to say, or what to do"
I'm free, and I love to be free"
"don't try to change me in any way"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjG8y_fbQpw

Great afternoon fishing with my "fly rod" and feather flies (I tie them myself, usually small woolybuggers) and I caught a bunch of warm water fish (Bluegills and White Perch).

I'm a "fly guy" so please don't attack me if I mention spin or Gulp?

It's all fishing fun? Why attack a guy who is honest enough to tell the truth?

Tight Lines,
Old 07-31-2014, 04:56 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I love Fly Fishing!

first of all....

Its Lthrnk03....as in devil dog...as in US Marine.

Second....

Not once did I attack you for fishing with Gulp bait. I commented on your posts that were inappropriate or otherwise inflamatory. I don't care what you fish with. I care about your posts in which you clearly do not use any grey matter before you hit submit. I believe that you deliberately make posts to get a rise out of people.

Get your facts straight.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Clear the room folks! I just ripped one!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:51 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Ian. Many of your comments are inflammatory and meant to be controversial. It is not the exact words (aka, the message) but, rather, the manner and spirit of those words (aka, the meta-message).

Personally, I don't care how anybody fishes.

The thing that really irritated me was the fact that you brazenly said you fish in fly-only streams using your spinning tackle and Gulp. I stayed out of the last mess until you said that. I have to believe it is true because of the narcissistic attitude you portray.

In other words, you went from being brash to patting yourself on the back as you are doing something illegal. And doing something like that gives all fishermen--not just fly fisherman--a black eye. Heck, you can even expand that to all hunters, as well.

ray
mikel, lthrnk03, mridenour and 1 others like this.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:10 AM

rfb700 is on a distinguished road

I've read your posts and they do seem crafted to get a rise out of people. If you want to be taken seriously, offer an apology for past behaviour and start over fresh. I think everyone gets carried away once in a while and deserves a second chance. But the way you are going at things now just adds fuel to the fire.
lthrnk03, busbus and mridenour like this.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:06 AM

smilingduck has a spectacular aura aboutsmilingduck has a spectacular aura aboutsmilingduck has a spectacular aura about

Are you Trolling with those flies?

I am glad your back?
mridenour likes this.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:17 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Who is mridendur?

BTW, that video sucked.

Oh, in answer to your question...anyone "with an IQ>80" should have known better than to start the last thread after you managed to get two other identical threads shut down. Just like this thread, you are obviously trying to get something started. Out of every person on this forum, you have contributed the least. You are quick to pipe up a hurtful comment or an offensive reference but there is no sharing knowledge or encouragement offered. We all make mistakes posting things we shouldn't. You just do it more than anyone else. I'm sorry if you feel attacked but you are accountable to others for what you say.

I've learned something from every single person on here except for you. You are having a fun time aggravating other people. Insulting others for fun is just sad. I've done it in the past and now I realize that I was wrong in doing it and wish I could have taken it all back. Maybe you will be an insensitive boar till the day you die. I hope not.

I figure since you called me (or someone with a similar username) out, you are wanting to start some sort of war. You aren't going to get it. This is the last time I respond to your childish taunting. I suppose you feel I am weak and an easy target because I have written some things honestly about my depression and stuff. Let me assure you that I am much more of a man than you are cowardly hitting keys trying to anger others. Have a great day. I am out of time and words for the likes of you.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:15 AM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about

Time to get Ard and lock yet another thread....

Perhaps it's also time for a mod to start telling this guy what to do or have him removed from the forum??

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
Clear the room folks! I just ripped one!
I read this and LMAO!!

--Irish Blessing
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Business Member

Flygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to behold

This is not a healthy thing for this forum. People like this are much like a virus. They spread ill will and provoke anger from good people. Enough of Rickf's threads have been locked. I vote for a ban. He obviously has one purpose in this community and it seems venomous to me.
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl
Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 AM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about

I just reported this thread to the mods.

+1 to what Flygrain said. It is time to ban him! Anyone else care to vote?

--Irish Blessing
Closed Thread