The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM

trixie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to trixie
Default Newbie

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. My boyfriend introduced me to the wonderful world of fly fishing last august when we moved to MO, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I have gone to many state parks and local river's around MO and I could spend days out if I could. I no longer can do the old style of fishing that I was accustomed to, spin reel. Too boring, but I do use it sometimes for bass fishing etc. But I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to many things I may learn from this forum.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Newbie

Hi Trixie,

Welcome to the forum. Always happy to have another lady fly fisher. Looking forward to your post.

Frank
Old 03-14-2008, 04:20 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the group and to the sport of fly fishing.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Trixie,
Welcome to the forum and the lifetime addiction called flyfishing.

Hopefully you can get your guy to join us also.....

***Keep an eye on that "Frank" fella, he's as cool as the other side of the pillow. ***

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:57 PM

Surfin the Susquehanna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie View Post
Hi everyone.My boyfriend introduced me to the wonderful world of fly fishing last august when we moved to MO, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I have gone to many state parks and local river's around MO and I could spend days out if I could.

Welcome aboard Trixie. I started right around the same time as you (July '07). I fished more during the late summer and fall with my fly gear than I had the previous 5 years put together with my spinning gear. That's a testament to just how addicting flyfishing can be. Stay in touch, I look forward to hearing some of your questions and comments as a fellow "newb".
Old 03-15-2008, 07:59 AM

FlyDog is on a distinguished road

Welcome from another "newb"

Great forum full of good people willing to help those of us just getting started
Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 AM

trixie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to trixie

A Big thank you to everyone on the forum. I am feeling right at home. I will have alot of questions coming I am sure. I know my b/f has alot of patience for me since he is the experienced one and I can honestly say that I must get on alot of his nerves in the water. So having a third party to come to with my questions, some I am sure are silly, will help me so much. I have been using a beginners rod since August. He says I am now ready to upsgrade. Any suggestions on the type of rod I should and what to look for at Bass Pro?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Trixie, great to have another female FF. Remember, there are NO dumb questions here.
I have the perfect AVATAR for you (not saying there is ANYTHING wrong with yours;-)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 AM

shorthaul will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the group Trixie

Joni
Are those a new brand of waders and wading shoes as the the instructor wears in the school poster?

Yikes---pretty tough on the round rocks