The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By fq13
  • 2 Post By horsehead
  • 2 Post By turbineblade
  • 2 Post By fq13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 07:45 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Just bought a 1 wt!

Brothers, I have an important safety tip......Never go to ebay when you are depressed on your birthday. I did and bought a TFO Finesse 1 wt with reel, line, tube etc. As far as bad choices go it beats waking up next to an over weight chick whose name you don't remember (don't ask). So I am looking on the bright side. I am in for $250 on a rod I didn't need, but it ought to be fun on the bluegills. I willl post a review when I get it.
busbus, mridenour and ponycarman like this.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:28 PM

horsehead will become famous soon enoughhorsehead will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just bought a 1 wt!

Do yourself a favor and just mail it to me before you have buyers remorse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stl_geoff and saucebox11 like this.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Fished 1wt first time this year and I tell ya,,,you are in FOR A FUN FUN TIME ! Congrats !
Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

TFO finesse is a great series of rods for the price IMO. I have the 8'9" 3-weight and love it.

Careful on the overweight women comment -- you have clearly demonstrated that you are not a married man with that comment, and whoever you woke up next to might have been your best chance!

Now, if you can find a nice woman who fly fishes and could possibly end up in a situation where she'd wake up next to you, you better strongly reconsider your "requirements" .
mridenour and ponycarman like this.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:55 PM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

Money well spent.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:02 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
TFO finesse is a great series of rods for the price IMO. I have the 8'9" 3-weight and love it.

Careful on the overweight women comment -- you have clearly demonstrated that you are not a married man with that comment, and whoever you woke up next to might have been your best chance!

Now, if you can find a nice woman who fly fishes and could possibly end up in a situation where she'd wake up next to you, you better strongly reconsider your "requirements" .
Hey, I managed to screw up a relationship with a med student who fly fished, had her pilots license, liked blue grass and had the libido of a 14 year old boy. Affter messing up that bad, I figure one off the cuff remark won't hurt me as it won't get any worse. Seriously I'm fishing a one weight because I lready lost "the one that got away" so its all C@R now.
turbineblade and mridenour like this.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:07 PM

tex will become famous soon enough

I LOVE my 1wt. Probably my favorite rod
Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 PM

ponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura about

Sweet bday present! Happy bday! Would love to try a 1wt someday. I wonder how much lighter than a 3wt it is haha. Maybe a 1wt in glass. Hmmmm maybe next bday ha