The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By luked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default finally a weekend off for some fishing

finally after about a full month working 7 days straight with my normal job and a big side job also I got a weekend off. took Friday off and me and my son are heading to Bull Shoals lake for the holiday weekend. taking my fly gear and we are also taking the boat and plan to try and catch some catfish. been years since I have been to bull shoals but really looking forward to it
another great thing is my son who is 6 asked me last night when he heard me talking to my older brother who is also going but he is scuba diving and spear fishing my son heard me tell my brother that I was taking my fly gear and my son asked me to teach him how to fly fish. so we will be giving that a whirl also. I can't wait till this day is over

who all else so taking a fishing trip for the holiday weekend and where ya goin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:39 PM

roguebum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: finally a weekend off for some fishing

Nice! You're making us jealous. Take a few pics to tease us with
Old 08-28-2014, 03:19 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

I'm on call for work...I'll probably only get to hit the lake near the house a few times.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:48 PM

al_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura about

I'm fortunate enough to able to avoid fishing on holiday weekends like the plague. I got my fishing fix in with a three day Ozark smallmouth float trip last week, and a two day float yesterday and today, and will spend Labor Day Monday driving to Minnesota to fish the upper Mississippi for smallies for three days.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 PM

hangin chad has a spectacular aura abouthangin chad has a spectacular aura about

Probably going to try that urban pond in Reno again early Saturday, and possibly go for some sand bass just under an hour away in Washoe Lake Monday. Yard work and honey-dos permitting, of course

With my current casting level and the size of those bodies of water, neither trip will probably involve the fly gear much. Reno pond has limited space for backcasts and Washoe Lake is in a valley that gets a stiff westerly breeze more days than not.