The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM

vwfallon is on a distinguished road
Question northern NV fisherman please help

My last couple of weekends off I go fly fishing to decompress and its been nice calm and relaxing but I want to actually catch a fish my wife asks every time did you catch any and my answer has been I caught a few plants ( bushes behind me ) and I would Love to feel a fish on the line does anyone in my area have advice on we're I can actually catch one. I've fished the truckee river from virdi to fernley and the water is to low and the temps are good at 6:30am in Verdi and water is clear so I can see absolutely no fish in there at this time but being on the water no kids ( I have 4) and no job BS practicing my casting but its time to actually catch something any advice on location would be Awesome
Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 PM

lil_ol_angler_me is a jewel in the roughlil_ol_angler_me is a jewel in the roughlil_ol_angler_me is a jewel in the roughlil_ol_angler_me is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: northern NV fisherman please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwfallon View Post
My last couple of weekends off I go fly fishing to decompress and its been nice calm and relaxing but I want to actually catch a fish my wife asks every time did you catch any and my answer has been I caught a few plants ( bushes behind me ) and I would Love to feel a fish on the line does anyone in my area have advice on we're I can actually catch one. I've fished the truckee river from virdi to fernley and the water is to low and the temps are good at 6:30am in Verdi and water is clear so I can see absolutely no fish in there at this time but being on the water no kids ( I have 4) and no job BS practicing my casting but its time to actually catch something any advice on location would be Awesome

get a hold of CircleValleyAnglers.com

they will get you on good fish

check their face book page as well

if you want to travel check out Duranglers in Durango CO

hope this helps
Old 08-29-2014, 04:21 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Right now the Truckee is tough because of the temps mainly but water levels do make it more difficult. You really have to get into CA to get water cold enough to get fish to move unless you are on the water at 5 am and off by 9 or 10. You need to find faster runs with more oxygen in it. Throw a fly through anywhere that you can't see the bottom and anywhere you can see a current change. make sure you have your flies near the bottom
Old 09-01-2014, 11:41 AM

vwfallon is on a distinguished road

Thank you both and I I'm there around 6 and leave by 9 then home for kids but I'll keep trying