The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree41Likes
  • 14 Post By lthrnk03
  • 7 Post By siege
  • 5 Post By jpbfly
  • 4 Post By hairwing530
  • 4 Post By lthrnk03
  • 5 Post By labradorguy
  • 2 Post By tangotracer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 11:40 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default HUGE thank you to Larry!!

I just wanted to take a minute and say a HUGE THANK YOU to Larry! About a week ago I had posted a question about using bucktail as a suitable replacement for moose mane. I had recently read an article in Fly Tyer in which moose mane was use as a body material. Larry was kind enough to send me a LARGE patch of moose mane. Your kindness and generosity are amazing Larry! I can not begin to say thank you enough!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:49 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: HUGE thank you to Larry!!

It's the people that make this forum so great, Ian. The warmth and generosity of people like Larry.
On the other hand, it's probably a good thing the body on that pattern wasn't spun gold dubbing
Old 08-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud to be a friend of Larry's.... Aside from being the best(free) guide in the west he's one of the nicest guys I know
Old 08-30-2014, 04:36 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

+12 on Larry... Aside from being a great guy, he has an extreme amount of courage. After all, anyone who'd willingly volunteer to guide/fish within a half-mile of my "Where the hell is that cast going?!?" technique has got grit in copious amounts!!

All kidding aside, Larry truly is one of the "good ones..."

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 08-30-2014, 05:14 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

As soon as the idea started to do something as a group to help Jerry's kids, Larry was the first to jump onboard and ask what he could do.

When he found out that I was planning a trip to the Wind River Range, he quickly mailed me huge waterproof maps with the best golden trout lakes marked.

When I told him I was going to bring quads to Sublette Co. for the boys to ride, he ran around gathering information up and he found out where the best places were to ride into.

He offered to meet up with us to do some fishing.... (as Jerry says, brave man.) Unfortunately, our schedules didn't work out and he was away when we were in that area. Our only disappointment during the whole trip.

We didn't get to fish together, but Larry did share a couple of his best honey holes and that resulted in the boys each getting to play with 23-24" fish! These aren't honey holes like, "fish the NW corner of Yellowstone Lake." This was a tiny lake that took us two hours on a dirt road just to get back to. A REAL honey hole.

You're a HUGE asset to this forum Larry. I hope that I'll be able to repay some of the kindness you have shown my boys and I. My fingers are crossed that it'll work out that we can hit the Green this fall like we're discussing. It would be an honor to spend some time on the water with you my friend. I've learned so much from you. I hope you won't mind me bringing a rod AND a notebook so I can continue.

Jason
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."

Last edited by labradorguy; 08-30-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Guys: Thanks for all the kind words!

Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 AM

tangotracer is on a distinguished road

I had a similar experience... An older gentlemen who I met on Troutnut.com sent me probably $200+ worth of fly tying materials and tools when I expressed interest in learning fly tying! Including dr slick scissors and some whiting grade hackle assortments!! I was stunned that he was so generous to me
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.