The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 05:23 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default This Forum We Call "Home..."

As I get ready to grab a coffee and hit the vise this morning, I just wanted to give a HUGE "shout out" to all of those who help to make the North American Fly Fishing Forum one of THE best fly-fishing forums anywhere-- YOU!

It's long been my pleasure to add to the heaping handful of you that have become friends rather than acquaintances over these past few years, and it's because of NAFFF and the mods that I've been able to do so. All good in my book.

But, it's the site itself that is truly special. It provides a central gathering place for we "fly-wrangling" types, one where ideas are shared, advise is sought, and judgments are seldom forthcoming. In essence, it's a place where one can put his feet up, hear a good story or two, seek much-needed advice, or merely lend a hand when and where he can. It's a lot like the old long front porches where men once gathered at before the morning chores or at day's end...

So, consider this a well-deserved "Thank You" to everyone for making this site feel a lot like home...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 09-20-2014, 06:15 AM

eastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rougheastfly66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: This Forum We Call "Home..."

And may I add it has been a pleasure having coffee with you in the Morning Jerry , being we share a liking for the early hours !
Old 09-20-2014, 07:01 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jerry.
You are spot on as this is a special Place for us all.. even though I've only met Ard & Larry I feel as if I know most of you since we have Traded Flies in Many Fly Swaps we've been in also all The Discussions we've all had together which has made this Forum THE BEST..
Brian.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:56 AM

gfirob is a jewel in the roughgfirob is a jewel in the roughgfirob is a jewel in the roughgfirob is a jewel in the rough

I don't know where, other than this forum, I could share ideas and feelings about fly fishing, struggles and disappointments, a love of nature and the unalloyed joy of clipping 7X tippet with Able Nippers...

Also, fondling my Able nippers.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:56 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: This Forum We Call "Home..."

Actually stumbled on to this Forum via a UK 'Mother Board' link. Registered (or was the UK registration good for both places? Can't remember.) and a few posts over the next few days.

The thing that really caught my attention was the lack of a 'view point' section as Ard, Colin, et. al. didn't want this fora to go there. The UK one can get rather 'cut throat' to put it mildly ....

The second thing that caught my attention was the Forum Mod's all posted on a regular basis UNDER THEIR REAL NAMES. In most cases that takes real 'balls.'

All and all this is the first place I go on the internet after reviewing my 'news links.'

Fred
Old 09-20-2014, 10:00 AM

geordie41 is on a distinguished road

I agree I spend time on the UK forum the Australian one as well (I am English but live in oz now) and find the American forum more friendly than the others even though I live a long way away from the States I feel that I belong to the community that is the North American fly fishing forum.regards kris. My forum name is what us folk from Newcastle are known as GEORDIES but that's another story.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Everyone,

Not much I can add except to say....... you're a great bunch of fellows.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
The second thing that caught my attention was the Forum Mod's all posted on a regular basis UNDER THEIR REAL NAMES. In most cases that takes real 'balls.'

Great, just frickin' great! Now I gotta change my forum name!!
fredaevans, hairwing530 and siege like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 09-20-2014, 03:19 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

John,

Naw... stay with the "fyshstykr" moniker! You fall under the safety net known as the "Fish-ness Protection Program," and as such, shouldn't divulge your true name and location. Otherwise, you're liable to get a knock on your door when the snow piles get too deep here in northern Michigan, come January or February!

Just sayin'...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
fyshstykr and fredaevans like this.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:35 PM

slips74 is on a distinguished road

I started Fly Fishing at a young age and soon realized that anyone can fish but Fly fisherman are a special breed altogether. It's an attitude, lifestyle & mindset. Some of the most courteous, friendly & knowledgeable people I've met are Fly Fisherman. Many can & do inhabit 1 spot in a stream but never get in another's way on any given day. Knowledge flows easily between them and they always have time to stop & chat about fishing.
Not all people who Fly Fish fit into this category but the majority do & I'm honored to be part of it, "The Forum we call home"