All I want for Christmas is....

unclelevi

Reaction score
I wanted my wife, Jo to come through her heart and kidney transplant surgery alive and well and I got that. I'd like some above-zero temperatures for our move to Minnesota right after Christmas. I can't think of anything that can be bought. Hope everyone here has the very best Christmas season they've ever had.

slips74

Reaction score
Going to be hard to follow the above X-mas wish.

Fortunately, I have no major issues so my x-mas wish is for one of those Sage Method 9' 6" 6wt rods

comeonavs

Reaction score
I am fortunate and have everything I need or want,so not a lot on the wish list.

Maybe a couple Oregon Ducks T-shirts would be cool

My biggest wish is my wife doesn't go nutty and then my present becomes a AMEX bill that's massive. I love Christmas and the spirit of the holidays, I just hate the fact its more about gifts than time. I love buying other people gifts but dont feel like we need to go bankrupt in the process.

peter hanman

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get the Orvis safe passage reel case. That way my reels aren't out in the open in my closet when they aren't being used.

JDR

Reaction score
I want (and am getting) a nice Adirondack chair. My retirement from teaching is effective December 31st and I want to be prepared.

nc_cooter

Reaction score
Fly tying supplies! That's what I answered when my wife asked. " Order what you need " she answered, with emphasis on need. I will be well stocked for the winter's tying.
Mike

rockriver

Reaction score
I was going to buy myself a new a Orvis Penn's Creek Bamboo; however, after looking around at a lot of families that are really having a hard time making it, I'm changing my mind. The Salvation Army seems to help a lot of them, so I'm stepping up my donations to the Kettle Ringers. At the grocery store, I'll hang out and listen to some of the seniors, yea I know, I'm up there, talking about how they can't afford meat. I need to figure out how I can help them more without insulting them by offering to pay for it.
I've been blessed with my life and it's time that I helped others more than I have in the past. I 'm still searching for a better way to do that.

repperson29

Reaction score
Well I already got my presents this year when I got my 4wt superfine glass from orvis and an England made cfoIII reel.

I am excited what I got my father this year though, I'm no good at picking up gifts for anyone but he's really been wanting a day trip bag for when my mother and him go out on their brewery excursions. So I picked him up a Filson medium sized duffle bag.

Ryan

jaybo41

Reaction score
I'm pretty well set with tackle though I'm sure more will find it's way to me sooner or later. :)

What I really want are a few more days of fishing on the river before they freeze up and good health for family and friends. The parents are getting older and there have been a few hiccups this year. Everything is good for now.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
Rockriver you are a good man. I'm at the same spot...I'm unable to justify a lot of hi dollar toys when so many haven't the means to live a proper life. I suppose as I've gotten older I'm paying more attention to my fellow man.

So this Christmas my wife and I have decided,,no big spending,,just some stuff for the grand-kids,,and I,,,we... too are helping out more with our chosen charities. I have everything I need.

mcmac

Reaction score
@comeonavs, I have to be honest... I'm a Beaver fan! But, if I absolutely had to, I could probably help you out with getting some of those ugly green and yellow type shirt things....

In all seriousness, let me know if I can be of any help out here in Oregon.

Mike

I am fortunate and have everything I need or want,so not a lot on the wish list.

Maybe a couple Oregon Ducks T-shirts would be cool

My biggest wish is my wife doesn't go nutty and then my present becomes a AMEX bill that's massive. I love Christmas and the spirit of the holidays, I just hate the fact its more about gifts than time. I love buying other people gifts but dont feel like we need to go bankrupt in the process.