The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 9 Post By spm
  • 6 Post By silver creek
  • 3 Post By hairwing530
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By spm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014, 11:19 AM

spm will become famous soon enoughspm will become famous soon enough
Default Merry Christmas

I feel I should add my wishes to all for a Merry Christmas.

Last April you all welcomed me onto this forum and I have enjoyed the information, advice, bantering and camaraderie, here.

I know I don't post a lot or offer a lot of advice. In most cases, I don't feel that I am knowledgeable enough to be helpful. Although I love fly fishing, I'm not particularly good at it. I don't catch a lot of fish, but I keep trying.

I try to learn from everyone here, and I have ...
From Silvercreek explaining the different flexes rods have, to grtlksmarlin patiently helping me pair the correct reel to a new rod, to jaybo41 teaching me how to clean an old reel, to jgentile willing to meet a complete stranger on the Current River and show him a new spot, to wondering whatever happened to mridenour, to meeting an amazing man, hairwing530, learning about his work and purchasing one of his boxes of exceptional flies, and I how could I forget fredaevans insisting on a non-folding wading staff? And yes, I now use a cross-country ski pole.

My point, in this maudlin post is that I was thinking back to all the advice, information, and fun I have taken from this incredible group of people, whether named or not, and just wanted to say thank you and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

steve
Old 12-25-2014, 11:34 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Merry Christmas

Words to live by:

“Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones come daily.”

Ivy Baker Priest (1905-1975)

May the Spirit of Christmas live in each of us every day.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-25-2014, 12:33 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Amen to those sentiments, Silver... Amen...

And, Steve? Merry Christmas to you, my friend. The pleasure has been all mine...

Merry Christmas to you all, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney, cpiercem and repperson29 like this.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Steve

I missed your post earlier, but have to agree, there are some great folks on this forum that are more than willing to help others. Kudos to all those folks here that so willingly have helped others learn fly fishing!
cpiercem and spm like this.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:33 PM

spm will become famous soon enoughspm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Steve

I missed your post earlier, but have to agree, there are some great folks on this forum that are more than willing to help others. Kudos to all those folks here that so willingly have helped others learn fly fishing!
Thanks, Larry. I belong to several forums, fishing, shooting, etc. but spend most of my time on here. It was the most welcoming when I joined, and has been the most helpful and friendly of them all.

steve
mcnerney likes this.