The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lsuhunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 11:27 AM

living_water will become famous soon enoughliving_water will become famous soon enough
Default Schooling redfish video

Posted this over in the saltwater section. Fly fishing for redfish in Georgetown South Carolina. Hope you all enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf09Zicdrhw

Last edited by living_water; 04-10-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:43 PM

red feather troutbum has a spectacular aura aboutred feather troutbum has a spectacular aura aboutred feather troutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Schooling redfish video

I'm having a sazerac & blackened red for dinner after seeing that. I am definitely getting one of those cameras; great clip & glad he was able to clear all that line once it got past the boat - did you edit out a close call there?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:30 PM

living_water will become famous soon enoughliving_water will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by red feather troutbum View Post
I'm having a sazerac & blackened red for dinner after seeing that. I am definitely getting one of those cameras; great clip & glad he was able to clear all that line once it got past the boat - did you edit out a close call there?
he did clear it well, he had the shakes once he saw the size of the school...
Old 04-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I understand the business of learning to edit things into useable footage. I think you did well, even had music Anything I've done just has me mumbling something about casting or not falling down for the soundtrack.

That looks like fun and good to eat too, doesn't get much better!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-07-2015, 10:16 PM

Lsuhunter is on a distinguished road

I love fishing for reds! It's one thing I definitely miss from growing up in Louisiana. Last time I was home, I had a school of probably 100 bull reds rounding up tiny glass minnows before crashing into them so hard that they were porpoising out of the water. It was to windy for my fly rod but I finally managed one before they moved on. Hooking one in a big school like that while they are so focused on working together to ball up bait is actually pretty hard.
Here is the only one I pulled from the school, now imagine 100 of these jumping out of the water.. I will be back down there in May with my fly rod with hopefully some success. Even though i am expecting more of a trout bite than red.

Click the image to open in full size.
living_water likes this.