The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM

ia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud of
Default What did you catch this weekend?

Intermittent rough weather kept the Memorial Day crowds down so I ventured out between the storms. A good weekend overall.

Not sure if this my personal best but it's close and they are hard to find on a brand new lake. No way it was stocked two years ago so it must have come from the pond they submerged in the process. An honest 14" crappie so this guy made my day. He would have been yummy but I released him.

Click the image to open in full size.

This little guy is a lot more normal for the lake. Caught more than a couple of them and they made it hard to chase pre-spawn bluegills which was my intent on this trip. You've heard of hand sized bluegills no doubt. Well this is a "Hand Bass".

I'm sure some of you hit the water so what did you catch?

Last edited by ia_trouter; Yesterday at 11:05 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

photoguy will become famous soon enoughphotoguy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What did you catch this weekend?

Lousy photo, beautiful fish. One of 5 on the Nissitissit.

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

herchammer is on a distinguished road

"Snuck" out this morning, and hit my favorite bluegill pond. Plenty of gills, but, I caught about six crappie! That's a first for me, in that pond. Caught them on a leech pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by herchammer; Yesterday at 01:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

unknownflyman will become famous soon enoughunknownflyman will become famous soon enough

Solid rain, took my son to the Mississippi River for smallmouth, pike and muskies on the 2hander but zip the river is seven feet higher than before. Raging current and if you fall in your done. The islands were way under water and large trees were moving in the current.

We did fish but mostly it was a casting lesson for my son who never had any interest in fly fishing but wants to Spey cast on the 2hander and hook big fish.

He did really good for never touching a fly rod before, he got through the roll cast and the circle Spey and a tossed a couple weak doubles.

"Dad? How much is a rod like this?"

Oh O. He watched a couple YouTube videos over my shoulder of steelhead on the Skeena and Atlantic salmon fishing in Sweden. That started it all.
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future

A few naps, and a swarm of "flies" that kept collecting on my desk. Once captured, I stuffed 'em into plastic boxes and plan on sending them out to "friends/cronies" who might need a similar collection of bugs...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM

hopescooter will become famous soon enoughhopescooter will become famous soon enough

Pretty browns.
Click the image to open in full size..

Report Here
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

jjc155 is on a distinguished road

10" rainbow (actually prob a steelhead smolt), 12" Brown on my "secret" little trout stream up north, saturday.

Came home sunday and went smallie fishing and knocked em dead with a deer hair frog. Ten fish in under 20 casts with the biggest being
17", which is a very good fish for the stretch of river I was on. Some didn't even wait for the strip, hit it as it hit the water.

Was gonna finish up the evening with some carp action. Found em, got rigged up and then tripped trying to stealth up to em and sent em scattering, LMAO.

J-
mcnerney and GrtLksMarlin like this.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM

iaflygirl will become famous soon enoughiaflygirl will become famous soon enough

Had a nice night on the lake with Dad to end the weekend. He put me up to the pose and said this is normal. Why do I have a flyrod in my mouth when I am in a boat?

And I caught more fish than he did tonight.
GrtLksMarlin and jjc155 like this.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM

ia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud ofia_trouter has much to be proud of

One last short trip to the lake to end the weekend. iaflygirl accompanied me and we had great time. I only caught one fish. I'll try to get over the defeat.

Pretty awesome holiday weekend.
stenacron, wjl and GrtLksMarlin like this.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

nevadanstig is on a distinguished road

Got a crayfish of all things on a red and silver copper john. Other than that skunked.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.