The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By fredaevans
  • 4 Post By wolfglen
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By siege

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 10:36 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Appropriate? This getting 'old' has its limitations.

Gut wrench, take a walk, I will drink. Lots.

News of another of my ' Buddies' has passed. Tents, camp fires, talk about the kids, 'My wife and I are not doing well together.' What the hell do you say, me/mine were not doing all that well together.

'Knew People' and both of his children got a "Full Scholarship's" through the University of Washington. They asked: 'Who?'

He: "You don't need to know."

One's now a respected MD, the other does "If you can think it up I can build it." Both sets of hands are total magic.

fae
Old 05-25-2015, 10:47 AM

wolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Appropriate? This getting 'old' has its limitations.

As they say Fred, "Growing old is not for sissies, but it beats the alternative!"

Last year just before I went under the knife, I really wasn't thinking that I would get through it." And now I can walk again!

Actually, it wasn't that I couldn't walk, it was that I couldn't stand still or sit more than 15 minutes.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fred: Sorry to hear another of your buddies as passed, it is tough when you hear things like that, my condolences to you and the family.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:57 PM

wolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post

News of another of my ' Buddies' has passed. Tents, camp fires, talk about the kids, 'My wife and I are not doing well together.' What the hell do you say, me/mine were not doing all that well together.

'Knew People' and both of his children got a "Full Scholarship's" through the University of Washington. They asked: 'Who?'

One's now a respected MD, the other does "If you can think it up I can build it." Both sets of hands are total magic.

fae
Remember that you have a trip coming to you on Charlotte Harbor this winter, so take good care of yourself.

Jack
Old 05-26-2015, 08:10 AM

siege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond repute

I understand completely, Fred. The first thing I read in the newspaper every morning is the obituaries. Maybe just for the reassurance that I'm not there.
I taught ham radio classes, and administered tests to dozens of people over the years. One of my students administered the test to my son, many years later. It is inspiring to see things come full circle. Sadly, I just saw his obit last week. My generation is making way for the next. I hope the legacy we leave behind is a good one.
fredaevans and wolfglen like this.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:51 PM

alpobodog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post

fae
Deepest regrets. Fred you remind me of my grandfather. He was a Kansas farmer - salt of the earth. I would love to fish with you and hear your stories.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:28 PM

Come on Fred, get down here and fish with me. You get to the airport, I pick you up and the rest of the trips's on me.