The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By silvertip8k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 01:17 PM

silvertip8k is a glorious beacon of lightsilvertip8k is a glorious beacon of lightsilvertip8k is a glorious beacon of lightsilvertip8k is a glorious beacon of lightsilvertip8k is a glorious beacon of lightsilvertip8k is a glorious beacon of light
Default "wooden chrome"

here is a 43" carving of a favorite...this one is painted in "chrome mode"...fresh from saltwater heading up into the rivers for its trek...

Click the image to open in full size.

this is one of the 12 species I'm working on for a series to show in some galleries and shops this fall...

I also have one painted up with a bit more of the"tell tale" signs of fresher water with just a hint of that cerise colored pink on its side and gill plates...actually the way I've caught these...

whats so interesting about this fish is just how many different ways it can appear in nature...from the silver bullets, to a much darker and almost blood red version...

I sorted through a few hundred pics for my reference research on this one...deciding to have three carvings in various color schemes...I had some of my own, but then realized when checking out others just how different a "steelhead" can be...even fin sizes and shapes...all stuff to make a sculptors job even more interesting!

I always come back tom that quote that can get me out of trouble..."art imitates life!"

all the best...ted

there are some more pics on my site...thanks

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 06-23-2015 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "wooden chrome"

Ted: Very beautiful work, I really like the way you faded in the colors on the fins and those eyes look alive, congrats!!!!!