The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile How to catch a trout...in 15 seconds...

While in Austria my son Nico asked me if we could make videos with my old Coolpix...I answered we could make only 15 seconds ones...he switched on the cam and ...Your turn Dad!was very lucky so catch a troutif you closely have a look you'll see the fish taking the dry.
Thanks MP for loading the video.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 PM
bigredfly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to catch a trout...in 15 seconds...

sweet! I remember taking pictures of some fish i hooked at a creek not to long ago and after stuffing the camera in my pocket, it switched it to video mode instead of photo capture. I ended ujp with like a 10-15 second video of me taking the fly out of the fish hah. Not as cool as yours but a funny surprise

-Ben
Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

That is some great timing JP. Very cool.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JP: That was pretty cool, thanks for sharing! Nico did a good job with the camera.

Larry
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi JP,

I see what you mean about the 15 seconds. That is a good looking spot where you caught that fish.

Frank
Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

very nice JP. Just wondering how many takes it took for you to get that one
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
very nice JP. Just wondering how many takes it took for you to get that one
Ant: Good one! I'm still laughing, I'm guessing it took JP about a hundred takes, typical film director!

Larry
Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

I can see it now Larry; 100 takes, 15 seconds at a time.....
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

cloudy2010 is on a distinguished road

15 seconds ? too hard for me
Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Ant: Good one! I'm still laughing, I'm guessing it took JP about a hundred takes, typical film director!

Larry
Larry the film director Nico isn't a patient guy...he would have thrown the cam into the water after a few takes...
don't tell anyone ...I was fishing with an Ant pattern