The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM

jsentell will become famous soon enoughjsentell will become famous soon enough
Default Hello and Introduction

Been registered and lurking for a while; just signed-in and they suggested I make my first post and say hello. So, Hello.

I live in southern New Jersey, have been fly fishing only ten years as I didn't know any better for the first twenty-five; tie my own flies, have built a rod (was kinda tough with old eyes and size A thread!), fish mainly warmwater for panfish and bass, pickerel, yellow perch, crappie. I belong to a TU Chapter and usually make 5-7 trips to PA trout streams with the club for trout.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.......

Regards all, Jim Sentell
Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello and Introduction

Welcome to the group!

I actually worked in Camden for a little while, but found a much more dangerous situation over at Corson's Inlet. (Sand bars move, and they may not be there when you need to wade back in. Had to swim a bit. Surf's pretty cold in November.)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:43 PM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about

jsentell
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Atta boy Jim, stick to it!! Welcome to the forum.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Spent my high school years in NJ. Did school in Millburn and summers in Bricktown. All sorts of fishing around for you. Welcome to posting.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. I understand your problem with your eyes. I don't do anything with out magnification these days. I use my computer glasses with some type of Mag-Eyes.

Frank
Old 03-26-2008, 11:05 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jim
Welcome from a fellow New Jerseyite. I'm in Central Jersey & mostly fish the Muskie. I do hit S.H. once in a while but I'm just really getting started FF in the salt.

The Pequest State Hatchery is having their annual open house this weekend & it's a good show with a lot going on , not just for trouters either. I'll be working the kids fishing pond so if you make it there look me up.

Neil
Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM

sparkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi All!

Hi everybuddy,

I am new to fly fishing so if anybody has some tips let me know. See ya!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:17 PM

da Bear is on a distinguished road

You sound like my kinda' guy. I love the warm water fish also, and I envy you being that close to PA and those wonder trout waters I've read and heard so much about. Welcome! Take care.