The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes
  • 5 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By plecain
  • 2 Post By itchmesir
  • 3 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By rockriver
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 3 Post By kentuckysteve
  • 4 Post By bruce m
  • 3 Post By mka
  • 3 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Meals on Wheels'

If you're 'old' and not signed up .... DO IT! Just trust me on this one.

fae
Old 12-03-2015, 12:24 PM

plecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant future
Default Re: 'Meals on Wheels'

In my state, at least, you have to be 'home-bound'.
How that's defined varies.

It's a very good program, though.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.

Paul
Old 12-03-2015, 03:11 PM

itchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that what we'll call people in wheelchairs once the zombie apocalypse happens?
looper34 and scotty macfly like this.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:24 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Isn't that what we'll call people in wheelchairs once the zombie apocalypse happens?
This is a sick bit of shxt! At some point you will/may have to figure out out to get out a chair ... not that one, you can't. Trust me, it can take some thought on how to accomplish what should be (other wise) 'simple tasks.'

Heath care lady beating the hell out of me yesterday for not using my 'walker' inside the house. 'Yes Mam.... ' beady eyes: 'You are lieing to me.' One does not lie to 'Mz Susan.'

Dog-Dog loves her; flacked out on her shoes.

Trust me, you can be at a place where you need to 're-learn' how to walk 'unassisted.' Walker in the house, cane if I need to go out. Getting in/out of the Jeep takes some thought.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:02 PM

rockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant future

It's an outstanding program that sure could use more funding.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
That is one sick comment.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
It's an outstanding program that sure could use more funding.
Here you pay, if you can. Meals are other wise just delivered. There is no 'income test.' Old couple delivers my meals, brings them in; Mz. Dog-Dog loves them; he has a pocket full of 'treats.'

Same with the 'Eldery care.' spelling sucks today. Three times a week a RN is checking up on me; thing in my bathroom that I have to strap myself into at least once a day for readings (results out via cell phone). Don't/wrong reading(s) and I'll get a phone call at the least.

Lots of us 'old farts' here in the Valley, the Heath Care providers really do pay attention. Signed up for the 'service' years back, no health issues at that point, now I'm collecting every penny back.

Amazing what a 'fall' can do to you; you are FUXKED if you don't have a cell phone in your pocket.

OLD PEOPLE! If you don't have a cell phone GET ONE! Speed dial 'one' is "911." Nice, strong men, will scoop you off the floor. Just trust me on this one!

fae
rockriver and repperson29 like this.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:57 PM

kentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud ofkentuckysteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Here you pay, if you can. Meals are other wise just delivered. There is no 'income test.' Old couple delivers my meals, brings them in; Mz. Dog-Dog loves them; he has a pocket full of 'treats.'

Same with the 'Eldery care.' spelling sucks today. Three times a week a RN is checking up on me; thing in my bathroom that I have to strap myself into at least once a day for readings (results out via cell phone). Don't/wrong reading(s) and I'll get a phone call at the least.

Lots of us 'old farts' here in the Valley, the Heath Care providers really do pay attention. Signed up for the 'service' years back, no health issues at that point, now I'm collecting every penny back.

Amazing what a 'fall' can do to you; you are FUXKED if you don't have a cell phone in your pocket.

OLD PEOPLE! If you don't have a cell phone GET ONE! Speed dial 'one' is "911." Nice, strong men, will scoop you off the floor. Just trust me on this one!

fae
Both of these programs are awesome for a lot of people.Especially the older group of people with health problems and living on a fixed income.Rent and bills takes most of their income and some are left with very little for food.These health care workers do great work also.I have seen some that go above and beyond and do a lot that their job may not require them to do.They really make a difference in the peoples lives they help and do not get recognized enough for it.I agree they could use more funding.These programs for a lot of people are the difference in being able to live at home or having to live in a nursing home.
mcnerney, fredaevans and rockriver like this.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:11 PM

bruce m is a name known to allbruce m is a name known to allbruce m is a name known to allbruce m is a name known to allbruce m is a name known to allbruce m is a name known to all

My son is a member of Sullivan ARC, along with my son a group of other mentally handicapped adults are driven around the county distributing Meals on Wheels to the home bound.
This helps two peoples at once, my son and his group are part of a program that gets them outside into the community helping others, and the elderly not only get their much needed food but also get to talk into the ear of more than willing participants....win win.
Not all government subsidized programs are wasteful, in my opinion this is one of the real good ones.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:33 PM

mka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud ofmka has much to be proud of

My Mom is 84 and she looks forward each day to the Meal on Wheels coming by to say hi and delivering a wonderful meal...of all the services, she values this one more than any other. I appreciate that organization very much and donate to them accordingly...

-Mike
mcnerney, rockriver and bruce m like this.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:42 PM

Default Read this and burst into tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce m View Post
My son is a member of Sullivan ARC, along with my son a group of other mentally handicapped adults are driven around the county distributing Meals on Wheels to the home bound.
This helps two peoples at once, my son and his group are part of a program that gets them outside into the community helping others, and the elderly not only get their much needed food but also get to talk into the ear of more than willing participants....win win.
Not all government subsidized programs are wasteful, in my opinion this is one of the real good ones.
Outstanding!

Helped prepare these meals for several years, never thought I'd be looking out my window for the delivery. Helped 'old people' eat, with a spoon. I had time, lots of time.

Talked of 'shoes, ship's, ceiling wax, and cabages are kings.
The heart breaker was 'My kids don't call me any more.' What the hell do you say?

"I'm here, talk to me." Tears running down my face. I was safe becuse they stood before me and those that would do me harm.

Now I'm the one asked the question.

fae
rockriver, bruce m and ejsell like this.