The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 11 Post By huntschool
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2015, 06:31 PM

huntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to beholdhuntschool is a splendid one to behold
Default Up date on getting parts from Hardy.... Read this

Some may remember a thread I started on needing parts for a Hardy UL DD reel....

I was having trouble trying to find a contact # for them and several here made suggestions..... Well, pszy22 came up with a number in SC which I called.

NOW, HEAR THIS:

I called the number and talked to a delightful young lady who took my info including what I needed and said it would be sent to the service dept. (I am holding my breath here) Next day I get an email from Pure Fishing in Spirit Lake, Iowa from a person named Sonny telling me my order and info are in house and being taken care of.

Yesterday, I received a priority package which shipped for $5.00 and change with a counterbalance and the screw to hold it in place for no charge.

I think that is pretty good service and I am old an acquainted with a time when service folks bent over backwards to keep their brand name in good stead with customers (might not be quit so now days) but these folks did.

So, there you have it. I will remain a loyal Hardy customer until such time as I am not......

By the way.... the number to Spirit Lake is (712)-336-1520 Might want to file that if you are into Hardy stuff.
Southeastern Illinois College
Shotgun/Pistol Team Coach
NSCA Level III Instructor
Old 12-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Up date on getting parts from Hardy.... Read this

Bruce: Thanks for sharing, it is always good to hear that companies stand behind their products and offer outstanding service.
huntschool likes this.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's great to hear Bruce1

My experience that I told you about occurred shortly after Pure took over the US market and things were pretty gummed up. With this news in hand I may just have to order some things from them again.

Atd
huntschool likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-09-2015, 07:59 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

This is great news, thanks for sharing your experience and the contact info. I'm glad to hear you were taken care of in a timely fashion. From the sounds of things, they may have gotten things worked out since the transition, which I'm very happy to hear about. My last Hardy CS experience was before Pure and they always took superb care of me. Sounds like you got similar treatment here.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:53 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear they took good care of you.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo