The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 9 Post By lil_ol_angler_me
  • 3 Post By rockriver
  • 3 Post By lil_ol_angler_me
  • 3 Post By scotty macfly
  • 4 Post By hairwing530

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 11:28 AM

lil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to behold
Default getting my order in now

Get your orders in to Jerry before he starts the winter classes with his kids

remember the kids COME FIRST

as it should be

A public service announcement from your friendly "lil-ol-angler- me!!

“I go to the river wholly secure in the knowledge that I do not have all of the answers."
"I am equally hopeful that I will never be able to figure it all out”.

No Man Ever Steps In The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same man
Old 12-10-2015, 07:22 PM

rockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant futurerockriver has a brilliant future
Default Re: getting my order in now

I'm pretty sure if you don't need flies, a few bucks sent Jerry's way would help out with the cause.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:16 PM

lil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to beholdlil_ol_angler_me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
I'm pretty sure if you don't need flies, a few bucks sent Jerry's way would help out with the cause.
that would be nice as well

“I go to the river wholly secure in the knowledge that I do not have all of the answers."
"I am equally hopeful that I will never be able to figure it all out”.

No Man Ever Steps In The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same man
Old 12-10-2015, 11:59 PM

scotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant future

I sent my order in as well with a little extra for the kids. It's a good feeling helping him like this because what he does is an amazing thing. The world could use more people like Jerry.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:51 PM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute

lil_ol_angler_me and rockriver,

Many thanks for thinking of me at this time of year. It's always a great help to yours truly when I have ample time to work on a few new patterns while tying up and stuffing a box. And, I won't lie to 'ya... The money does come in handy for keeping the hackle bins filled...

As for "my kids?" The classes already are underway, including the one that finished up a little over an hour ago. As always, I've got a great group again this year-- a few familiar faces who've slipped from "remission status" and find themselves back into the fight one more time, along with a fair number of "my kids" who are new.

One thing they all seem to share, however, is complete attention and total dedication to the tying process, especially when they're able to finish a fly. I admire their strength and courage, and envy their ability to leave their "troubles" at the door and just tie. May the Man Upstairs forever bless them all...

And, scotty? Thanks for the thought, but I don't know if the fly-fishing world is properly prepared and ready for another "hairwing530." Like most, I have my "good days" and my "bad days," but I'm always working on tipping the scales more heavily in favor of the former...

The countdown to the holidays is on, and "Santa hairwing530" still has rounds to make. God bless the lot of you for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530