So how'd you guys make out this Christmas?

hokiehunter07

Reaction score
I got:
- A card catalog for tying material storage
- A Norvise Auto-bobbing Kit
- A couple Dave Hughes books
- 1000 tying beads
- Another couple tying books
- Polarized lens for my GoPro
- Couple Copic Markers

Overall a very good Christmas. I might end up calling Charlie Collins and adding a couple Cape / saddle combos as well...

How was your Christmas?

mridenour

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got:
- A card catalog for tying material storage
- A Norvise Auto-bobbing Kit
- A couple Dave Hughes books
- 1000 tying beads
- Another couple tying books
- Polarized lens for my GoPro
- Couple Copic Markers

Overall a very good Christmas. I might end up calling Charlie Collins and adding a couple Cape / saddle combos as well...

How was your Christmas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

hokiehunter07

Reaction score
I didn't see the other thread when I made this one... some nice hauls though. That CT is a nice rod. That Allen looks good too!

jettman96

Reaction score
I didn't see the other thread either.

My wife got me a new vise. She got a me a Wolff Atlas Rotary vise (formerly Anvil Atlas Rotary vise)

scoutm

Reaction score
I was gifted a new Sage VXP 6wt. It will be my streamer rod. I'm looking for a suitable line now. I've been tossing around the idea of trying Rio's Outbound Short but the 5wt which has a 200 grain 30' head which is a still heavier than the Rio Gold 6wt line so it may be a bit much for the VXP. Lot's of time to decide.

Last edited:

ts47

Reaction score
I got my first fly rod and reel, Redington Classic Trout rod #5 9' with a Path reel. a Case XX belt knife, and a couple of gift cards which will may be used to get me started into fly tying. :):thumbup:
If that reel ever goes bad on you, make sure you save that rod. Those CTs are really nice to fish with!

JoJer

Reaction score
I'm well on my way to upgrading/replacing my vest.

Anyone have a good address for AdventureFF Co.? I can't find the one that's supposed to show prices.

duker

Reaction score
I got the "Trout of North America" 2016 calendar (I get this every year--love Joseph Tomelleri's drawings), some beautiful steelhead tube flies from my sister-in-law (I usually only fish flies I tie myself, but will make an exception for these), a new stainless steel water bottle for long days on the river (lost my old bottle somewhere on a river), and some other fishy items.

I bought myself a Christmas present as well: a Sage Xi3 9 weight, which was a great deal at Michael & Young's Christmas clearance sale.

Scott

ptarmigan

Reaction score
Got an Ice fishing tent and a GoPro from the jolly fella. Was in Cabelas buying something for my old man about a week ago and saw they had their LSI spey rods on sale. Picked up a 13' 8wt for $109 for myself. Don't know if they are any good but it will make for a serviceable backup or loaner rod if anything. Still nothing better than watching my kids on Christmas morning though.

hokiehunter07

Reaction score
Got an Ice fishing tent and a GoPro from the jolly fella. Was in Cabelas buying something for my old man about a week ago and saw they had their LSI spey rods on sale. Picked up a 13' 8wt for $109 for myself. Don't know if they are any good but it will make for a serviceable backup or loaner rod if anything. Still nothing better than watching my kids on Christmas morning though.
Let me know about that lsi. I was looking at them myself. They went on my Santa list but he brought the card catalog instead.

ptarmigan

Reaction score
Let me know about that lsi. I was looking at them myself. They went on my Santa list but he brought the card catalog instead.
Probably won't get a chance to take it out for a few months, but I'll let you know my thoughts on it. It definitely wasn't a Sage One but I think it will work fine for valley king salmon and Kenai silvers. Seems to be pretty fast action. Not sure if I'm going to line it with a 570gr (airflo recommends) or 600gr Skagit yet. The 600gr might slow it down a bit for me which might be good as I'm not a real experienced caster.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
A new 15* goose down sleeping bag. I guess all those complaints about my old Kelty 35* bag were logged during the year. Many nights I've slept in my cloths because the Kelty wasn't getting it done, I have a Qualofil -35 bag but it is huge and also heavy so I've used the Kelty for many years.

You guys know that to really get the stuff you want you have to take matters into your own hands right? If you recall (or not) near the end of November I bought a new Sage One 13'6" eight weight and a #10 Evoke reel with a Steve Godshall custom line, that pretty well covered anything I could have wanted or needed both in one shot :)

I managed to keep an ear tuned to most everything Nancy mentioned needing during the year and got them all.

repperson29

Reaction score
The best present I got was of course the azimuth rod I got from Justin at allen fly fishing. I'm still at a loss of words about the generosity of a company.

My wife and I bought an elliptical as our Christmas present to each other. We usually try to do that, pick out something big that we both need, last year was a snow blower. Then we'll pick up some small things to go in our stockings.

My dad ended up buying me the cimmaron wader/duffel bag from fishpond which I'm really excited for. Should be here Monday, it'll be really nice not to have to worry about taking three different bags on trips.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jshperdue

Reaction score
Got an HMH Spartan vise on the way and my wife let me pick up a G2 4wt a couple months ago as an early gift. I made out pretty well.