The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 AM

fseoer2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: nice knife for fly fishing?

HAHA! I agree. you can buy something way cheaper ghd and more durable that comes with a shealth! for around $50 for example you could even get a marine ka-bar fixed blade knife.

Last edited by fseoer2010; 08-23-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 AM

Shane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the rough

Speaking of Ka-Bar... I carry the Ka-Bar 1245 combo edge tanto. Haven't had much use for it here in CT, but it works well when you fish where there are gar, snapping turtles, and gators.

If I'm in a fish camp in the middle of nowhere, I also carry something that I have heard called a serial killer kit. It's a camp shovel that also makes into a saw, pick, hammer, and hatchet. Folds up neatly and fits on my belt.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I carry one of these... never needed anything else

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy2010 View Post
thanks for all your inputs

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

so, what kind of gun do u bring? just curious

Depends on where I am going and what I am doing. For pistols I could have a .38, 9mm, .45 or a .44mag as I have several weapons chambered in these calibers. For rifles I could take anything from a 5.56x45 to a 7.62x54r (although I would be more likely to take something in 7.62x51). Or if all else fails there is the 870 with slugs
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
bigredfly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Or if all else fails there is the 870 with slugs
Ah the good ol' wingmaster....such a solid shotgun. Even the express version is a solid shotgun for its price.

-Ben
Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 AM

flores81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredfly View Post
Ah the good ol' wingmaster....such a solid shotgun. Even the express version is a solid shotgun for its price.

-Ben
shotgun? you mean take it when fishing?