The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Fly Fishing Gone Wrong....WAY WRONG! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/3690-fly-fishing-gone-wrong-way-wrong.html)

FrankB2 03-28-2008 02:32 PM

Fly Fishing Gone Wrong....WAY WRONG!

YouTube - My Attempt At Fly Fishing Gone Bad....OUCH!!
Here's hwat can happen when you cast a 1,000 times a minute, and don't
wear a hat or glasses! Be sure to catch the last minute.....

zerolimit 03-28-2008 04:43 PM

Re: Fly Fishing Gone Wrong....WAY WRONG!

My God Frank, that scared the heck out of me just looking at it. She came so close to a very serious problem. Please, please, please, don't fish without eye protection. Was the barb pinched on that fly?

P.S. You are a very lucky man to have your lady out fishing with you and you both looked to be having fun.

FrankB2 03-28-2008 06:34 PM

I don't know those two people. That video was found on YouTube. When the woman was sitting in the van, I thought she had some sort of elaborate
eyebrow piercing. After seeing it was a hook, I thought she was much nore calm than I would have been....YIKES!!! The goofy husband seemed as interested in getting her predicament on video than he was on getting the
hook out. Tht fly seemed much larger after it was out, so I'm assuming she
had it in pretty deep.

Davo 03-28-2008 07:21 PM

I end up doing streamside surgery a few times a year as a guide. Most times it is self surgery as clients are squeamish about removing their fly from the guide.

My boat never leaves the put in until everyone has eyewear. I don't do eye surgery. Heck I can't even watch it on the Discovery channel.

mikesalmon 03-28-2008 08:04 PM

Sick Video!

It looked like a Green Highlander or Cosseboom Salmon Fly.

At least they caught something. The Barb must have been pinched

I'm Glad I were Glasses!

Tight Lines, Mike

Fly2Fish 03-28-2008 08:09 PM

I was amazed how casual this couple was. Less than an inch from losing an eye. :yikes: I remember getting a fly caught in my lip when I was five years old (no - not my casting - some stud showing off for my sister). I never fish without wrap-around sunglasses, and a brimmed hat as well. As bad as I cast, I'm surprised that I don't catch the back of my head more.

FlyGal 03-28-2008 08:28 PM

Uh....:eek:.....Good think she fished for the 1st 40min without a hook....

FrankB2 03-28-2008 08:43 PM

I wonder if the hook in her eye was the hook she lost 40 minutes earlier:eek:
"Has anyone seen my fly?"

My father is a family practitioner, and uses the old pull it through and cut it off method...OUCH! The tough cases like this one would get sent to someone
like an opthomologist I suppose. He had a guy come in with a lawn dart stuck
in his head, and sent him to the E.R.! What kind of nut visits his family
doctor witha lawn dart in his head...LOL?!?!?!??